2nd Annual Redfish Poker Fishing Championship - In Memory of Sgt. John R. Pestel
Friday, May 23, 2014 at 6:30 PM - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM (EDT)
Queen of Hearts (Biggest Slot Red), Guaranteed to pay $2,000.00 to the winner, any funds raised over and above will pay 60% to Winner & 40% to Wounded Warrior Anglers.
Royal Flush (Slot Red w/ Most Spots), Guaranteed to pay $600.00 to the winner, any funds raised over and above will pay 60% to Winner & 40% to Wounded Warrior Anglers.
Veteran (Biggest Slot Red), paying $100.00 to the winner – Sponsored by David & Judy Souders.
Child 16 & Under (Biggest Slot Red), paying $100.00 to the winner – Sponsored by Guy & Fran Lee of Clean & Clear Pools
Child 16 & Under (Slot Red w/ Most Spots), paying $100.00 to the winner – Sponsored by Jim & Marie Normandin
How to Play Redfish Poker
- Have Fun!
- Entry fee $225.00 per boat of 4 anglers, including guide or $50.00 per individual Kayak / SUP angler. Visit http://redfishpoker.eventbrite.com/ to register online.
- Captains’ meeting 6:30 PM Friday, May 23 at Beef O' Brady's, Matlacha FL (3015 Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, FL 33991 Phone: (239) 283-9995 - on the corner of Pine Island Road and Veteran's Parkway/Burnt Store Road, there is plenty of parking.
- No lines in the water before before 6:00 AM or Safe light.
- All boats must be weighed in with a Tournament Official by 3:00 PM for Photo check-in. Fish may be weighed beginning at 12:00 AM.
- State of Florida Fishing Regulations applies (Hook & Line Only)
- All decisions by Weigh-Master are final.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers will be given a fishing tape & medallion for verification.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers need to take pictures with a HD camera or Smartphone of 8 Mega Pixel or higher and provide Weigh Master with camera USB computer cord.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers may catch and photograph as many Redfish as they would like, but only slot Redfish will garnish a playing card for the poker portion of the tournament.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers can receive a maximum of 7 playing cards by catching slot Redfish.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers can be purchase 1 extra playing card on or before the day of the Captain’s Meeting.
- Boat Teams & Kayakers must use an approved provided measuring tape or boards and must photograph all Redfish with its left side up and the nose, tail, and medallion must be completely visible for the weigh master to determine the fish is in the slot 18 – 27”
- Boat Team Captain or Kayaker will take the Ticket that Weigh Master give them to the Poker Table and give that ticket to the Dealer who will open that Boat Teams or Kayakers deck of cards, remove the jokers, shuffle the deck and fan them out for the Captain or Kayaker to select their cards.
- The Dealer will turn the Playing cards over 1 by 1 exposing your hand.
- The BEST 5 CARD POKER HAND wins the Championship
- In case of a tie, those Boats teams or kayakers will play 1 hand of heads up TEXAS HOLD’EM to determine the Winner!
- If all else fails, refer back to RULE #1!!!
Raffle, Cash Prizes, BBQ & Fish Fry
All Proceeds Benefit The Wounded Warrior Anglers of America, Inc.
When & Where
Wounded Warrior Anglers of America, Inc. a 501(C)(3) Public Charity
A Nationally Chartered 501(C) (3) Public Charity founded in 2010 by a Wounded Warrior and his Caregiver, which have dedicated themselves to helping others going through like situations. Co-Founders David & Judy Souders have now turned David’s passion into helping other Wounded Warriors realize they are still capable of enjoying life and an active lifestyle after life changing injuries.
Wounded Warrior Anglers of America, Inc. primary mission is to help rehabilitate the mind, body, & soul of all service members who have been injured, wounded or disabled in the line of duty no matter what their era of service. Our secondary missions are to actively support the wounded warrior, caregiver, and their immediate family.
Our primary mission is carried out by actively mentoring wounded warriors while fishing. These fishing trips actively promote a friendly and peaceful environment that helps our warriors heal by being around other veterans who understand their mental & physical issues.
Our second mission is carried out by actively mentoring caregivers through a relaxing day away while their warrior is fishing. These missions are accomplished by stress free day at the local Spa and actively promote a healing and peaceful environment and helps caregivers themselves deal with their daily burdens by being around other caregivers who understand their daily struggles.
Our third mission is to be able to provide disabled veterans and veterans in financial need of assistance an Emergency Relief Funds, which is accessed through The Wounded Warrior Anglers Acts of Kindness - Emergency Financial Relief Grant Fund. Depending on the financial situation the disabled veteran or veteran is in they would be able to apply for assistance by contacting Judy Souders by email: email@example.com or by phone at 239-257-3410.
We hope to bring inspiration and confidence to our Wounded Warrior through teaching fishing techniques and the development of new friendships that can be sustained for a lifetime.
Wounded Warrior Anglers of America membership is open to all service members past, present who have been injured, wounded, or disabled in the line of duty no matter what their era of service. You are able to sign up by filling out the membership form on the website www.woundedwarrioranglers.org