Actions and Detail Panel
2nd Annual QC Wizards Yule Ball
Sat, Dec 2, 2017, 9:00 PM – Sun, Dec 3, 2017, 1:30 AM CST
***THIS IS AN 18+ EVENT! PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION FOR FULL EVENT DETAILS, AND SHARE/REPOST, RSVP, AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!***
Calling all Wizards, Squibs, and Muggles alike! The Yule Ball is an annual winter tradition - a formal dance for students of the famous wizarding school. There is no strict dress code, but formalwear and themed costumes are highly encouraged! The Yule Ball is a chance to lose yourself in the merriment and magic of the holiday season and the captivating world of enchantment, witches and wizards.
What you can expect:
- DJ to set the mood and bring the magic
- Beautiful decor to set the tone of a Wizards Yule Ball
- Formal Wizards Masquerade cosplay contest on the main stage. First prize is a $100 cash prize (presented as a bag of US gold dollars, as the goblins wouldn't sell us any galleons), and more!
- Themed adult beverages to benefit Make-a-Wish Iowa, and non-alcoholic butterbeer!
- Delicious food served by Bowls Urban Eats, including vegan and gluten free options!
- Themed items from the world of witches and wizards, sold by the wonderful witches and wizards of Enchanted Ignis
- Early Bird Admission tickets are on sale now for $20+fees through Eventbrite. Early Bird Admission proceeds are used to pay advance deposits and other expenses incurred before the date of the event. As such, Early Bird Admission tickets are non-refundable. Early Bird tickets will be available until February 28, 2017 or when sold out. General Admission tickets will be available for $25+fees.
-Traveling from out of town? Great news! We have a block of rooms set aside at the Radisson the night of the event! Rooms with two double beds or one king bed are available at a special rate of $96/night+tax. The room block is open now, and rooms can be reserved by calling Radisson reservations or the hotel directly, and referencing the Yule Ball. Direct reservation link (not yet active): https://www.radisson.com/yuleball
- Parking is limited. Consider carpooling!
Stay tuned! More exciting announcements are forthcoming as the holiday season approaches.
The Nerd Empowerment Society, the Yule Ball, and all associated entities and individuals are NOT affiliated with J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers Studios, NBCUniversal, Scholastic Corporation, Bloomsbury Publishing or any other publisher or rights holder. This is a fan event, to respectfully celebrate the exquisite world of Harry Potter.