San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OPEN WATER SWIM CHALLENGE!!
ORANGE THEORY FITNESS OF LITTLETON
SWIM LABS OF COLORADO
Date: Saturday, July 5th
In 2013, we held the first MHM Cancer Sucks Freedom swim in honor of our daughter who was diagnosed with non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in January of 2013. The race was a huge success and we were asked to put on an annual race. On May 25, 2014 we held our second OWS race. The goal is to hold two races each season over the memorial day and 4th of July weekends.
Each race we select a benefactor and send them a check in lieu of awards. The benefactor will be announced at each race.
DISTANCES/DIVISIONS: ** NOTE THIS RACE WILL CAP WHEN WE GET TO A TOTAL OF 300 SWIMMERS. IF WE SELL OUT PRIOR TO RACE DAY, RACE DAY REGISTRATION WILL BE LIMITED TO 30 ADDITIONAL SWIMMERS.
There are 1/2, 1.2, 2.4 and 4.8 mile (solo or relay teams) options. Wet suits are permitted but keep in mind the lake temperatures in early July will be high 60's to mid 70's. Males and Females will be in the same division for each category, male/female and wet suit/non wet suit. As requested from last year, “the young fast kids” will get their own divisions. We have a 1/2 mile and 1.2 mile course marked. 2.4 & 4.8 mile swimmers will swim multiple loops. Relay teams can be between 2 and 4 swimmers and is only for the 4.8 mile race (Each lap is 1.2 miles)
- The race will begin at 7:15 AM. . You can warm up from 6:45-7:15. There will be a mandatory pre race meeting at 7:00 a.m. for 4.8 mile teams and relay teams. As soon as the 4.8 mile wave begins we will hold meetings for the rest of the swimmers.
- 4.8 miles and relay teams Males/Females: Both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:15* There will be cut offs imposed for the 4.8 mile swim. (We need to be off the premises by 11 am. No one will be allowed to start a 4th lap of the swim past 9:30)
- 2.4 miles Male/Females: both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:30**
- 1.2 miles : Males/Females, both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:35**
- 1/2 mile: Males/Females, both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:40**
- The event will be chip timed (Relay teams will need to exchange chips on the shore line. This will be explained during the pre race meeting.
- Each wave will have different colored swim caps which are provided by Blue Seventy
- 2.4 & 4.8 mile swimmers will swim multiple loops to make up the distance. This will be on a honor system (you are only cheating yourself). 4.8 mile swimmers can set up feed stations on the shoreline but are not permitted individual kayakers
- We will have raffle prizes provided to us by our sponsor Blue Seventy.
- Results will be provided by the following age groups/divisions:
**( Depending on the wave sizes we may separate males and females and change the start times)
- Under 25 Non Wet Suit only
- Ages 26-35 Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit
- 35+ Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit
- 4.8 miles and Relay team costs $40 until 6/20 then $50 to 7/3 (Relay teams can consist of anywhere from 2-4 members. All members MUST sign a waiver on race day morning)
- All other distances only $25 until June 20th when the price goes up to $35.
- Registration ends on July 3rd at 5 pm.
- Race day registration is $40. Relay teams and 4.8 mile swimmers $60 (Cash or Check only)
- Relays... Please add a Team Name in the Group area of the Registration page. Only one person needs to register the team. Each member will be required to sign a waiver on race day.
Race Day Registration will be permitted from 6:00-6:45 am at a cost of $40 (Cash or Check only) 4.8 and Relay teams are $60.
- Pick up your chip on race morning
- The locker rooms will be open pre and post race but you must exit the premises by 11:00 am
- There will be safety kayaks on the lake during the race.
- No Dogs are allowed on the grounds!! Please leave your dogs at home.
- A portion of the proceeds from this race will go to the Make A Wish Foundation of Colorado.
- No Awards but we will post results on line psot race via the Racing Underground Web Oage
- NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON
- PLEASE CAR POOL
- THE LAKE IS LOCATED AT 7255 Grant Ranch Blvd, Lakewood, Co 80123
There is room for about 100 cars in the parking lot. PLEASE car pool. If you park in the adjacent neighborhood RESPECT the community (Holiday weekend and the neighbors are probably going to be asleep when you arrive). If you have spectators, please have them car pool with you or park at the grade school located 1/2 mile south on Grant Ranch Blvd.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!!!!!
When & Where
MILE HIGH MULTISPORT, LLC
Welcome to Mile High Multisport, LLC. Founded in 2004 by Peter and Kathy Alfino of Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Our goal is to deliver superior triathlon coaching services to multisport athletes regardless of age or ability. Our 40+ years of triathlon/multisport racing includes marathons, duathlons, mountain bikes, Xterra, sprint, Olympic, half Ironman and ten Ironman finishes. Our staff has successfully coached beginner triathletes to completion of their first races, as well as, elite athletes who have raced at the Triathlon World Championships. These experiences have given us a breadth of hands on knowledge to share with our athletes. As working parents of two active children, we realize that "HOW YOU TRAIN MAKES THE DIFFERENCE". Contact us today to discuss your coaching needs for the upcoming race season.