San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Are you unsure about what you want to do after high-school?
- Have you already graduated but still need help finding a career path that's right for you?
- Do you want to learn about available career related programs, resources and services?
Don't worry - you are not alone!
2ND ANNUAL CAREER OPTIONS CONFERENCE:
Pathways to Education and Career Success
Saturday, December 3, 2016 (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
Dr. Henry A. Wise Jr. High School (Auditorium)
12650 Brooke Lane
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
To help youth ages 16-24 and parents explore career options beyond high-school by showcasing education and skills development resources, programs and services.
The conference is independently sponsored by ECO-PGC (Explore Career Options - Prince George's County) in strategic partnership with the Prince George's Community College, Prince George's Economic Development Corporation, Prince George's County Public Schools and Prince George's County Chamber of Commerce.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS
Our guest speakers will discuss career related topics to help attendees explore their options and achieve success beyond high school. Industry experts will discuss topics related to education and careers. See below for the progam agenda:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2016
8:00 AM CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME, PRESENTATIONS AND KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Duane Myko, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur, and Author
- Jordan “Shorty da Prince” Johnson, Radio Personality WKYS FM and Entertainer
10:15 AM SESSION 1
- PANEL 1: ACCESSING CAREER PROGRAMS, RESOURCES & SERVICES
- PANEL 2: BENEFITS OF ATTENDING A COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- PANEL 3: CAREER PATHWAYS IN THE U.S. ARMED FORCES
11:15 AM SESSION 2
- PANEL 4: APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS IN MARYLAND
- PANEL 5: CAREER TRAINING BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL
- PANEL 6: LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIRE/EMS CAREERS
12:15 AM SESSION 3
- PANEL 7: BACKGROUND & SECURITY CLEARANCE AWARENESS
- PANEL 8: THE MILLENNIAL ENTREPRENEUR MINDSET
- PANEL 9: FEDERAL CAREER PATHWAYS & VOLUNTEER SERVICE PROGRAMS
1:00 PM PRIZE GIVEAWAYS /ADJOURN
So if you've always believed there is more than one path to success,
COME AND GET THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
TO MOVE FORWARD IN LIFE AND
PREPARE YOURSELF TO SUCCEED.
SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER TODAY
When & Where
ECO-PGC (formerly known as Career Options PGC) is a non-profit division of Career Choice Coaching located in Largo, MD, and a fiscally sponsored program of Bethel House, Inc. of Brandywine, MD.
Our mission is to help Prince George’s County residents address their career and college concerns by providing career related training, resources and sponsored events that support multiple pathways to success.
The ECO-PGC acronym stands for Explore Career Options – Prince George’s County. It also serves as a rallying cry to help county residents, particular our youth, realize the importance of career planning.