San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- 1:30 - 3:00 pm Expo: Learn more about Tampa's innovators and entrepreneurs as they exhibit, sample, demonstrate and explain their products and services to you.
- 3:00 - 4:30 pm Pitch: An event hosted by USF CONNECT, where selected companies pitch their business ventures to a panel of angel investors in the hopes of receiving funding
- 4:30- 6:00pm VIP Reception: Sponsored by Shumaker, Loop, & Kendrick, LLP with beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres
This event is open to the public, but registration is recommended. There is no cost to attend, so don't miss a B.E.A.T.! Light refreshments will be provided.
For a glimpse of our 1st Annual B.E.A.T., visit our 2013 B.E.A.T. photo album on Facebook or watch our video recap.
USF CONNECT Director of Innovation and Incubationsashley1@usf.edu
USF CONNECT Specialistcprinzel@usf.edu
USF is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access/ Affirmative Action Institution. Please notify USF CONNECT, 3802 Spectrum Blvd., Suite 100, Tampa, FL, 33612, call 813-974-1082, or email Stephanie Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org, a minimum of five (5) working days in advance, if an accommodation for a disability is required.
Disclaimer: The University of South Florida and USF Research Foundation, Inc. are committed to the free exchange of ideas, reasoned debate and intellectual dialogue. Speakers and scholars with a diversity of opinions, perspectives and professional experiences are invited to the campus to provide the community with important or differing points of view, some of which may be deemed controversial. The views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak on the campus do not necessarily reflect the views of the university administration or any other segment of the university community. Nor are those invited to speak on campus necessarily authorized agents or representatives of the University or Research Foundation. The use of University or Research Foundation facilities for an event or presentation does not constitute an endorsement by the University or Research Foundation of the views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak.
When & Where
USF CONNECT is the business and economic development initiative of the University of South Florida (USF) that provides support for technology start-ups and serves as the point of entry for companies looking to do business with USF.
- Drives economic development through several programs including Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI), Student Innovation Incubator (SII), and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council’s (The Corridor) Matching Grants Research Program
- Unites technology and talent with businesses throughout a 23 county region, providing access to top-tier research, faculty, students, inventors, local organizations, economic development councils, supporting industry and capital funding sources
- Facilitates the needs of Tampa Bay's technology and bio/life sciences entrepreneurs throughout the business life cycle by providing professional amenities and resources for successful business development and technology commercialization