Mark your calendars for September 30th and throw out the razors! Entry fees' will be donated to Grants Pass Vet Centercompetitors $25.00Spectators $10.00The Grants Pass Vet Center provides readjustment counseling to veterans and their families that have been in combat, experienced military sexual trauma, and bereavement counseling. The Vet Center program was created in 1979 by Vietnam Veterans that did not want to receive their mental health counseling at the greater VA. These veterans wanted a place to go in the community where they lived. They wanted a place where other combat veterans worked. They wanted a place to call their own. Ever since then the Vet Center program has grown to over 250 locations.At the Grants Pass Vet Center they have a bowling group, Painting Group and a fishing group that's not federally funded, so when Grants Pass Vet Center receive donations they buy supplies for these recreational activities. They also have several bbq’s throughout the year for our veterans. Grants Pass Vet Center also runs a program called operation St. Nick during Christmas. They adopt several local veterans and their families and treat them to holiday gifts and full Christmas meals. Grants Pass Vet Center also has an active canned food bank here at the Vet Center for homeless or needy veterans.Sponsors are welcomed and encouraged! This event is sanctioned by the Facial Hair Leauge. What is the FHLThe FHL (or Facial Hair League) is an organization made up of Beard Clubs around the world that are dedicated to keeping Competitive Bearding a sport that is dedicated to raising funds for Non-profit organizations. Set up as a 501.(c) corp, the FHL is focused on helping clubs put on the best possible competitions and expanding the interest in the sport by reaching out to our follically challenged friends who can now follow the sport just like the other major league organizations.As a Fan, how do I join?It's free! You can simply download the FHL Mobile App for Android or the iPhone. You will be asked to register with some basic information and start following your favorite events and competitors.Why would I want to do this?If you have never attended a Competitive Bearding event you have no idea what you're missing!!!! With the FHL Mobile App. you can get in on the action. Follow all of your favorite competitors and clubs and even vote on the folks you think will win. Vote closest to the way the judges vote and win free swag like t-shirts, patches, and stickers!
BEARD`fest 2017 Event Categories
1. JAW CURTAIN- Full Beard Natural Over 12” NATURAL MUSTACHE: Full beard as it grows and left natural, the more natural the better! The mustache may not be highlighted. Unlimited length must be over 12” when measured from the bottom of the lower lip. No styling aids permitted.
2. LUMBERTONFull Beard Natural 6” to 12” NATURAL MUSTACHE: Full beard as it grows and left natural, the more natural the better. The mustache may not be highlighted and the beard may not be turned under at the bottom. Length not to be less than 6” or exceed 12” when measured from the bottom of the lower lip. No styling aids permitted.
3. FUR MUZZLE Full Beard under 6” NATURAL MUSTACHE: Full beard as it grows and left natural, the more natural the better. The mustache may not be highlighted and the beard may not be turned under at the bottom. Length not to exceed 6” when measured from the bottom of the lower lip. No styling aids permitted.
4. BOSS MANBUSINESS BEARD, 3" & UNDER: Full beard, “groomed and neat”, with attention to detail on neck and cheek lines. Mustache can be styled or left natural. Length not to exceed 3” when measured from the bottom of the lower lip. Styling aids permitted.
5. UNTAMED WILDS FREESTYLE (FULL & PARTIAL ): Free design and styling of the beard. Full or partial beards may compete here. Styling aids permitted. Legal aids shall include only wax, hair spray, and other hair cosmetics. The use of hair extensions, false facial hair or any form of hairpins is prohibited.
6. THE NATURALIST NATURAL MUSTACHE: Any length, Hair growing past ½ in. from corners of the mouth must be shaved. Styling aids not permitted.
7. STACHESTERMUSTACHE: Any length, any style. Hair growing past ½ in. from corners of the mouth must be shaved. Styling aids permitted.
8. STACHBORUGH- FULL BEARD, STYLED MUSTACHE: Prominent and consisting only of hairs growing within 1.5 cm past the end of the upper lip. Aids allowed. Beard: As it grows naturally, the more natural the better. Can be any length. No aids allowed.
9. Whiskerina- BUILD-A-BEARD: The Build-A-Beard category is wide-open, can be female or male. Create the most imaginative and fantastic beards and/or mustaches you can. The choice of materials is completely up to you. The more creative, the better! Beards or mustaches are accepted in this category.
10. THE SILVER FOX –freestyle silver/white or salt n pepper beards only.
11. GOAT'EEM- PARTIAL BEARDS- Natural Goatee's, Whalers, Fumanchu, Mutton chops, and all other partial. Styling aids not permitted.
GRAND CHAMPION:Selected by the judges from the group of people who have won their individual categories.
Prizes TBAentry fees:competitors $25.00Spectators $10.00