27th Annual California Indian Conference
Friday, October 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM (PDT)
San Marcos, CA
The California Indian Conference is an independent event for the exchange of perspectives and knowledge concerning the first peoples of the place now known as California past to present.
This year's conference recognizes the strength and progress of California Indians throughout the years while realizing the path to leadership through education, research and community.
The goal of this conference is to focus on:
- demonstrated leadership in the subfields
- best practicies/programs
Please visit the 27th Annual California Indian Conference Website for more information. We look forward to seeing you there.
*Registration fees includes meals and snacks throughout the conference.
- Located on the 27th Annual California Indian Conference Website in the Conference Information Section.
Registration Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing by September 28, 2012, and are subject to a $25 fee
Cultural Night hosted by Pechanga Resort & Casino
- Saturday 6 pm to 9 pm
- Address: 45000 Pechanga Pkwy, Temecula, CA 92592
Please join us for dinner and a live auction. Dinner is included with your registration fee.
New Journeys in Collaboration
In 2012 the California Indian Museum & Cultural Center (CIMCC) is co-hosting New Journeys in Collaboration with California State University, San Marcos (CSUSM) and the California Indian Culture Sovereignty Center (CICSC). The all-day event will take place at the CSUSM McMahan House onThursday, October 4th.
For more information and how to register:
Thank You to Our Sponsors
- Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation
- Pechanga Development Corporation
- Pechange Band of Luiseño Mission Indians
- Tribal Alliance of Sovereign Indian Nations
- Palomar College American Indian Studies Department
- Southern California Tribal Chairman's Association
- Barona Band of Mission Indians
- Cher-Ae Heights Indian Community of the Trinidad Rancheria
- CSUSM - Office of Community Engagement
- Jesse Flyingcloud Pope Foundation on behalf of Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians
- La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians
- Pala Band of Mission Indians
- Pauma Band of Luiseño Indians
- Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians
- Torres-Martinez Desert Cahuilla Indians
The following hotels are near CSU San Marcos and would be best when planning your own experience at the California Indian Conference.
- 1 mile from Campus
- 123 East Carmel Street, San Marcos, CA 92078
- (760) 736-9249
- CIC Rate = $110.00
- Hampton Inn Website - CIC Group Rate
Residence Inn by Marriott
- 2 miles from Campus
- 1245 Los Vallecitos Blvd, San Marcos, CA 92069
- (760) 591-9828
- CIC Rate = $110.00
- Residence Inn - CIC Group Rate
Courtyard by Marriott
- 8 miles from Campus
- 5835 Owens Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- (760) 431-9399
- CIC Rate = $99.00
- Courtyard by Marriott - CIC Group Rate - 2 Queen Beds
- Courtyard by Marriott - CIC Group Rate - King Bed
When & Where
California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center
Mission: The California Indian Cultural and Sovereignty Center will foster collaborative research and community service relationships between the faculty, staff, and students of CSU San Marcos and members of local Tribal communities, for the purpose of developing and conducting research projects which support the maintenance of sovereignty and culture within those communities.