2600 E. Bayshore Road
Friday, February 21, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This training on risk management will examine how the board of directors can effectively monitor and manage risks facing the company, the tools and systems they need, and best practices in board risk oversight.
Why Should You Attend:
In the modern corporation, regulators, investors, and auditors demand sound risk management controls. The ultimate fiduciary for assuring these controls is the board of directors – but what happens when directors miss out on the risks threatening their companies (which can include risks from the board itself)? Too often, “best practices” for boards remain undeveloped, poorly implemented, and sometimes even subverted.
In the How Smart Boards Manage Risk webinar, attendees will learn how world-class boards evaluate, manage and monitor risk. This webinar will focus on the elements of effective board risk oversight, including leadership, structure, reporting relationships, controls, and legal duties.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- How does the board assure systems that give them good risk oversight?
- Shaping a board-based risk assessment process.
- How do you assess the risk intelligence management give you?
- What are “key risk indicators” for your business?
- Dangers from your employees and systems.
- Does your executive pay program create new risks?
- Outside risks – partners, suppliers and tough new anti-corruption laws.
- The new world of IT risk, and the board oversight role.
- Are some of your biggest risks sitting around the board table?
Who will Benefit:
- Chief executives and company presidents
- Corporate counsel
- Company secretaries
- Family business owners
- Current and prospective board members
- Board chairmen
- Investors and venture funds
- Company legal and compliance executives
- Audit and finance executives
- NGO and government executives
Ralph Ward, is an internationally-recognized writer and commentator on the role of boards of directors, the secrets of how “benchmark” boards excel, corporate scandals and reforms, and the future of governance worldwide.
Mr. Ward is publisher of the online email newsletter Boardroom INSIDER, the worldwide source for practical, first-hand advice on better boards and directors (www.boardroominsider.com). He is author of the books Boardroom Q&A (2011), The New Boardroom Leaders (2008), Saving the Corporate Board (2003), Improving Corporate Boards: The Boardroom INSIDER Guidebook (2000), and 21st Century Corporate Board (1997). He speaks extensively on boardroom issues in the U.S. and internationally, presenting programs on boardroom best practices. He has also edited The Corporate Board magazine, the international journal of corporate governance, since 1990.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.