Prerequisites and Target Audience
This course is beneficial to application administrators who will make changes to the LabVantage user interface appearance and functionality. Completion of 121-Administrator is required for full application administration. For programmers who will only modify the interface and work with the API, there are no prerequisites for this course.
- Introduction: Understanding the components of the Web Page Designer Studio.
- List Page: One of the most often used types of pages in LabVantage is a list page. Learn how to create one or modify one to retrieve records from the database.
- Advanced Toolbar: Operations that the user needs to perform are represented as buttons in the toolbar. Learn how to create buttons and control their behavior.
- Gizmos: To promote a consistent user experience, gizmos are used to present different navigation options or helpful links across all pages. Creating gizmos to control the top bar and the side bar as well as the site maps, tabs, and menu choices. Dashboard, image map gizmos and more.
- Maintenance Page: Using the Quick Page Creation Wizard, employing a page type, adjusting the layout, adding a toolbar, using pseudocolumns, and calling a maintenance page from a list page.
- Security and Electronic Signature: Some agencies require an electronic signature for secure and traceable record keeping. Some activities should only be executed by privileged users. Learn how to enable or disable these options.
- Lookup Pages: When creating associations between records of different tables, lookup pages assist the user in making the link. This includes filtered lookups, queries, and dynamic lookups.
- Page Group and Style: Learn how to create forms with multiple sections, tabs, or grid layouts giving a natural flow your pages and the fields.
- Actions: LabVantage Actions are discrete program modules that perform a specific purpose. They are coded using Java. LabVantage has a library of 290+ standard actions, with APIs for creation of user defined actions. Learn the basics of how to take advantage of this code library.
- LinkedSDIMaint: Many maintenance pages include this element as a detail tab. Understand how you can use this important element on your page to allow linked records to be maintained through the relationship to the master record.
- Nested Selects: In some cases it is desirable to perform a sub-select on a page to display summary data instead of pulling data from a column. Your web page might benefit from this design.
- Using Groovy in LabVantage: Groovy is an agile dynamic object oriented language for the Java platform combining features from languages like: Python, Ruby and Smalltalk, making them available to Java developers using Java-like syntax. LabVantage web pages allow Groovy code to
Save This Event
When & Where
LabVantage Solutions, Inc.
265 Davidson Avenue #220
LabVantage Solutions Educational Services
LABVANTAGE, the most configurable, web-based LIMS in the market, is trusted by industry leaders worldwide. We help customers run their labs more efficiently and with fewer errors by automating tasks and integrating with instruments and systems. Our vast experience allows us to minimize risk of project delays or failures. Our system can adapt to changing business needs after initial implementation. For more information, please visit www.labvantage.com