Free

2020 Preserve NJ Applicant Workshop

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Rutgers EcoComplex

1200 Florence Columbus Road

Bordentown, NJ 08505

View Map

Event description

Description

The New Jersey Historic Trust encourages potential applicants and preservation professionals to attend this free workshop for the 2020 Preserve New Jersey Historic Preservation Fund grant round.

The workshop will run from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm at the Rutgers EcoComplex in Bordentown on Wednesday, February 5. A link to driving directions can be found here. Registration will begin at 12:30 pm with the worshop starting promptly at 1:00 pm.

A snow date is scheduled for February 12 at the same time and location. In the case of inclement weather, please check the State of New Jersey website at www.nj.gov or the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management website at www.state.nj.us/njoem for information about potential closures or delays. A delayed opening will not impact the workshop, as the scheduled start time is in the aftertoon.

NJ Historic Trust staff will review the 2020 grant guidelines and application, including a number of new and important changes for this year's grants.

Coffee and light refreshments will be served.

Overview of the 2020 Preserve NJ grants:

  • The 2020 grant round will accept applications for Capital Level I & II, Historic Site Management (HSM), and Heritage Tourism grants.

  • Applications are due by 4:00 pm on April 23, 2020.

  • Applications will be available online. Supporting documents will be submitted on a USB drive.

  • Heritage Tourism projects will have their own separate application.

  • Multi-phase funding: Applicants will be able to apply for funding for multiple phases of projects. Each phase must be a request of at least $500,000.

  • Eligible applicants are 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and entities of state, county or municipal government. Nonprofit organizations are not eligible to apply for projects that benefit churches and houses of worship.

  • All applicant properties must be listed or certified eligible for listing on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places by August 1, 2020 to be considered for grant funds in this round

Grant Amounts:

  • HSM and Heritage Tourism, $5,000 - $50,000

  • Capital Level I, $5,000 - $150,000

  • Capital Level II, $150,001 - $750,000

Matching Requirements:

  • HSM and Heritage Tourism, the required match is 3:1 (for every $3 in grant request, a match of $1 is required. In other words, the Trust funds 75% of the total project cost and the grantee is responible for the remaining 25%)

  • Capital Level I, 3:2 (for every $3 in grant request, a match of $2 is required. In other words, theTrust funds 60% of the total project cost, and the grantee is responsible for the remaining 40%)

  • Capital Level II, 1:1 (for every $1 in grant request, a match of $1 is required. In other words, the Trust funds 50% of the total project cost and the grantee is responisble for the remaining 50%)

More information, including the Grant Guidelines and Application, will be provided at the workshop and will be posted on the NJHT website.

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Rutgers EcoComplex

1200 Florence Columbus Road

Bordentown, NJ 08505

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved