Actions and Detail Panel
2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR: WKZL-FM PADDLE-A-THON
Sun, May 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Kick off the 2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR with WKZL-FM PADDLE-A-THON on May 21.
The TOUR raises money for Yadkin Riverkeeper, allowing us to run education programs, conduct research and champion legislation that protects our waters. Sign up for paddles; then, collect pledges of $100 or more for a chance to win fun prizes at every paddle on TOUR.
For WKZL-FM PADDLE-A-THON, we are returning to the beautiful Childress Vineyards in Lexington, NC, for the 9.3-mile paddle. This is our biggest and most fun event of the summer! Come paddle with Josie from WKZL-FM and her fans! There will be food, beverages, music, prizes and fun for the whole family.
All paddlers must register.
- Paddlers with their own boats are charged a $35 fee per person per day to cover insurance, shuttle, processing fees and entry to post-paddle events. If you have paid your Yadkin Riverkeeper Membership Fee ($25), the fee to paddle is $28.
- Don’t have a canoe or kayak? Yadkin Riverkeeper has negotiated preferred rates for kayak rental (holds one person, $37 per day) or canoe rental (holds two people, $49 per day). Rental charges are in addition to your entry fee.
IMPORTANT FOR REGISTERED PADDLERS:
All paddlers WITH BOATS meet at Tarheel Q. BBQ, 6835 US-64, Lexington, NC 27295 to drop their boats starting at 8:30AM. Then, paddlers proceed to Childress Vineyards for registration starting at 9AM.
All paddlers WITHOUT BOATS meet at Childress Vineyards at 9AM for registration.
The paddle begins at 10AM from the US 64 Access. The paddle finishes at the US 801 Access from which you are shuttled to Childress Vineyards where there will be food, music, prizes and fun for the family.
There is free music at the Vineyard from 12-3PM. There is no fee for this, but donations are enouraged! Join our clean water campaign and get an annual membership to Yadkin Riverkeeper for $25 to help keep our river clean!
Note: Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are REQUIRED for all paddlers. PFD's are included in your kayak or canoe rental; however, if you are supplying your own boat, please bring a PFD. All paddlers are required to sign a waiver; if you have a minor child, the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Questions: Contact Katie Wilder, 336-722-4949, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: All Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddle Trips are subject to change. Times and availability are flexible due to weather, flood gauges, and other circumstances beyond our control. Please allow extra time based on river conditions. All ending times are estimates. Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddles are alcohol-free. Please keep in mind that paddle trips average 3 miles per hour once on the water.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THE YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR POSSIBLE.
- Indera Mills
- WFDD-FM Radio 88.5
- WKZL-FM Radio 107.5
- Feisty PR
- Childress Vineyards
- Carolina Heritage Vineyard & Winery
- Foothills Brewing
- Ilderton Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
* More than $100 must be raised per paddle (not cumulative over multiple paddles) to qualify to win prizes.