Actions and Detail Panel
2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR: GET:OUTDOORS PADDLE IN WILKES
Sat, July 15, 2017, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
You are invited to join us for the 2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR: Get:Outdoors Paddle in Wilkes. During this paddle, we celebrate one of the most scenic parts of the river at W. Kerr Scott Dam and Reservoir in northwestern North Carolina.
Paddlers meet at Smoot Park in North Wilkesboro. We shuttle to Tailwaters of Kerr Scott Lake and paddle through the town of Wilkesboro (7.1 mi.). The TOUR raises money for Yadkin Riverkeeper, allowing us to run education programs, conduct research and champion legislation that protects our waters. Sign up for paddles; then, collect pledges of $100 or more for a chance to win fun prizes* at every paddle on TOUR.
All paddlers must register.
- Paddlers with their own boats are charged a $35 fee per person per day to cover insurance, shuttle, processing fees and entry to post-paddle events. If you have paid your Yadkin Riverkeeper Membership Fee ($25), the fee to paddle is $28.
- Don’t have a canoe or kayak? Yadkin Riverkeeper has negotiated preferred rates for kayak rental (holds one person, $37 per day) or canoe rental (holds two people, $49 per day). Rental charges are in addition to your entry fee.
IMPORTANT FOR REGISTERED PADDLERS:
Paddlers meet at 1 PM at Smoot Park, 832 Main Street, North Wilkesboro, NC 28659. We will then shuttle to Tailwaters, and begin a 7.1 mile paddle to the entrance of the reservoir.
Note: Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are REQUIRED for all paddlers. PFD's are included in your kayak or canoe rental; however, if you are supplying your own boat, please bring a PFD. All paddlers are required to sign a waiver; if you have a minor child, the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Questions: Contact Katie Wilder, 336-722-4949, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: All Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddle Trips are subject to change. Times and availability are flexible due to weather, flood gauges, and other circumstances beyond our control. Please allow extra time based on river conditions. All ending times are estimates. Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddles are alcohol-free. Please keep in mind that paddle trips average 3 miles per hour once on the water.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THE YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR POSSIBLE.
- Indera Mills
- WFDD-FM Radio 88.5
- WKZL-FM Radio 107.5
- Feisty PR
- Childress Vineyards
- Carolina Heritage Vineyard & Winery
- Foothills Brewing
- Ilderton Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
* More than $100 must be raised per paddle (not cumulative over multiple paddles) to qualify to win prizes.