Actions and Detail Panel
2017 WAEYC Call For Proposals
Thu, Oct 26, 2017, 8:00 AM – Sun, Oct 29, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
- Click the green register button.
- Choose the 2017 general submission and click check out to fill out the application.
- You will receive and email confirmation of your submission.
- After you have submitted your proposal add any co-presenters by clicking the register button and adding the co-presenter option and click check-out. Note: this step can be completed any time prior to 5/1/17.
- You will receive email confirmation of co-presenter additions.
- Note: Co-presenters may add themselves by completing step two of the process.
General Submission Guidelines
- Presentations are designed for all levels of experience - from fundamental to intermediate to advanced topics.
- The submitter is strongly encouraged to compose the abstract text in his/her own word processor before submitting it online. Be sure to check spelling and grammar.
- All proposals must be non-sales or marketing orientated.
- There are no fees required to submit a proposal.
- Presenters are encouraged to sumbit multiple presentations for consideration.
- WAEYC membership is not a requirement for submitting.
Confirm and Edit Session
In order for your session to be placed in our printed program and officially scheduled, you must confirm that you will attend the conference and present this session. If you have several presenters, only one presenter needs to confirm for your presentation group.
All presenters must be registered for the conference. In lieu of an honorarium WAEYC offers one presenter per session receives three-day complimentary registration for conference which includes lunch. A maximum of two additional presenters per session receive three-day discounted registration which does not include lunch. Presenters have three registration options:
- One Day Conference Registration: This option allows presenters to attend the conference the day of their presentation. One presenter registration includes lunch and refreshment breaks. There is a small meal fee for two additional presenters (if applicable.)
- Two Day Conference Registration: This option allows presenters to attend the conference the day of their presentation and one additional day. One presenter registration includes lunch and refreshment breaks for both days. There is a small meal fee for two additional presenters (if applicable.)
- Three Day Conference Registration: This options allows presenters to attend all three days. One presenter registration includes lunch and refreshment breaks for all three days. There is a small meal fee for two additional presenters (if applicable.)
- Badge Only Registration: This option allows presenters to attend the conference for their scheduled breakout session(s) but does not permit attendance at any additional conference activities. This option does not include lunch or refreshment breaks.
Approved presenters will receive registration instructions through their email. Complimentary registration does not include additional fees such as materials or conference certificates.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Registration Office at email@example.com
Exhibit Hall Registration
WAEYC policy strictly prohibits the selling of goods or services during scheduled breakout sessions. If you have any questions about the selling of products or services or are interested in having a space in our exhibit hall please contact our conference coordinator, Amanda Cardwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakout sessions are presented in a workshop format. Breakouts are scheduled throughout the conference and typically host approximately 30-180 attendees.
WAEYC provides the following audio-visual equipment for breakout session presentations by request only:
- Screen and LCD Support Package with projector
- If you are using a Mac, you must bring your own adapter cable to hook up to the LCD projector. Apple computers made before 2006 typically require an adapter cable. Click here for more information about what type of adapter you need to connect your Mac to an LCD projector.
- Sound system for audio through computer/projector (if requested in advance)
- One wired table microphone (if applicable)
NOTE: Computers, flip charts, easels and markers, and lavaliere or wireless microphones are NOT provided by WAEYC. If you would like to make a special request for AV equipment please email email@example.com.
Please note that the conference does not cover audio-visual fees beyond the standard set described above. If you would like to rent equipment (such as an overhead projector, extra flip charts, or wireless microphones), you can rent that directly from the audio visual company at your own expense. You may request an exception or to make arrangements to purchase additional AV support contact Amanda Cardwell, Conference Coordinator (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance. All requests for audio-visual equipment must be made during the initial presenter application.
Approved presenters will receive an acceptance e-mail that includes directions on how to upload session materials to the WAEYC conference website. Attendees can then download and review your presentation materials prior to and following your session.
In addition to uploading presentation materials, the conference team strongly encourages presenters to provide presentation hard copies as handouts for session attendees when needed.
Approved presenters should upload presentation materials through the private presenter registration link emailed. If you need this link, please email email@example.com