San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
North Texas nonprofits: do you need volunteers?
You’re invited to participate in the Fourth Annual Voly in the Park, Dallas’ only volunteerism festival! This fun, family-friendly event hosted by VolunteerNow features 75 nonprofits, hands-on volunteer projects, live entertainment, and more than 5,000 attendees. As one of the largest volunteer centers in the country, VolunteerNow encourages North Texans to meet local nonprofits, find opportunities to volunteer, then stay involved through VOLY.org.
The Fourth Annual Voly in the Park is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2017 from noon to 4 p.m. at Klyde Warren Park.
- Recruit and engage volunteers
- Pre-event and day-of publicity and news coverage with major outlets in DFW
- Listing on www.volnow.org/volyinthepark with link to nonprofit profile on VOLY.org
- Opportunity to distribute promotional materials
- 8’ x 30” banquet table in large tent
- Social media promotion
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- VolunteerNow membership
Participants agree to:
- Post at least one VOLY.org volunteer opportunity, which requires free VolunteerNow membership
- Coordinating an interactive experience or volunteer activity confirmed with VolunteerNow by April 15
- Provide transportation and/or parking
- Provide adequate staffing to interact with attendees from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Staggered set-up begins at 8 a.m.
- All tables must be set by 11:30 a.m.
- Teardown from 4-5 p.m.
- Paid registration is required, and will close once 75 nonprofits have been approved to participate.
Nonprofit Agencies: Contact Judy Shannon, VolunteerNow Agency Relations Director
For Event Sponsorship: Contact Jennifer Thomas, Special Events Manager
For Media Inquiries: Contact Nadia Hill, Public Relations and Marketing Manager
General information: www.volnow.org/volyinthepark
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Parking is on your own.
- There are several nearby parking lots and garages with various fee structures.
- The park is convenient to public transportation.
- The park also makes the following suggestions on Where to Park
- PLEASE NOTE: Always read the posted signs, which supersede any instruction from park staff. Dallas Police can and will issue tickets for illegal parking.
- Streets on the park's perimeter and nearby streets offer metered parking. Some parking meter stations accept credit cards as well as cash.
- Valet parking is located at Savor on the northbound Woodall Rodgers Freeway access road. Valet is $15 for park patrons and complimentary for those dining at Savor. 2000 Woodall Rodgers Freeway
- Paid parking is available in the Dallas Museum of Art garage daily. Click here for more information.
- Additionally paid parking is available at the Dallas Credit Union. Click here for more information.
- For more details on parking, visit:
What can I bring into the event?
- We will provide one 8’ by 30” table with a white table cloth and 2 chairs.
- All tables have a tented awning for sun and rain protection.
- Voly in the Park is ON – rain or shine
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the park
- There are food trucks at the park or you can bring in a cooler with food and refreshments
- We will provide water for agencies; however park rules prohibit us from giving out food.
- We recommend you bring a cooler with ice and water.
- You may bring extra chairs if you need them.
- Bring materials, supplies and equipment needed for your interactive activity
- Bring promotional material about your agency – We expect 5,000 visitors at this event, however not every visitor will visit every table
- You may bring stand-up banners, however the park does not permit us to use any type of stakes and we cannot anchor anything to the tents. It is often windy in the park so we use weighted sandbags to secure our banners.
- Electrical outlets are NOT available.
- You may not sell anything or solicit financial donations in the park.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Nonprofit Agencies: Contact Judy Shannon, VolunteerNow Agency Relations Director
- For Event Sponsorship: Contact Jennifer Thomas, Special Events Manager
- For Media Inquiries: Contact Nadia Hill, Public Relations and Marketing Manager
- General information: www.volnow.org/volyinthepark
Who can have a booth at Voly in the Park?
- Onsite participation at Voly in the Park is available to nonprofits that have a membership (free!) with VolunteerNow, and are actively using VOLY.org to recruit volunteers.
- All participating agencies must be approved by VolunteerNow
- The registration fee for 2017 is $125 per table.
- How can I get a membership with VolunteerNow?
What do you mean by 'interactive activity'?
- Every agency is asked to provide an interactive activity or hands-on volunteer experience that will help park visitors gain a better understanding of the work you do and the clients you serve.
- Handing out flyers is NOT an interactive activity.
- There are a variety of park rules and restrictions, so all activities must be approved by VolunteerNow, in advance.
- Consider the following when planning an activity.
- How will participants be engaged, informed and entertained when they visit your table?
- Trivia or match game, prize wheel, bean toss, foosball
- Match the letter with the sound it makes or the seed with the proper vegetable
- Use a cling or felt board and have visitors assemble a nutritious meal
- Is there an activity that volunteers can complete on-site in the event?
- Assemble hygiene kits, color lunch bags, make holiday or get-well cards, sort materials or supplies, assemble packets?
- What brief client experience might engage participants?
- Vision or balance test
- Yoga, read aloud, fitness workout, art creation, seed planting, ESL activity
- With the right engagement activity, visitors will connect to your cause, remember your agency, want to get involved and share your message with others.
- How will participants be engaged, informed and entertained when they visit your table?
Why do you want me to post volunteer opportunities on VOLY.org?
- VOLY.org, powered by VolunteerNow, is the 24/7 connection between volunteers and local service opportunities.
- Voly in the Park is a celebration of volunteerism designed to get more community members connected to our member agencies using VOLY.org.
- As community members learn about Voly in the Park, they often look at the participating agencies and plan for those they want to meet.
- When you have opportunities posted on VOLY.org we will list your agency name on our website and provide a built-in link to your VOLY.org profile. The more types of opportunities you have available, the more volunteers will want to engage with you.
- Volunteer who can't attend the event can still connect with you through your VOLY.org postings.
What time is set-up and how do I find my table?
- The park is available to us at 8 a.m. Plan to be set-up and ready to go by 11:30 AM
- To prevent traffic congestions and delays with more than 100 trucks and cars dropping off tents, tables, supplies and entertainment, you will be assigned a scheduled drop off beginning at 9:00 AM. You will be notified of your assigned drop off time the week prior to the event.
- Our staff and volunteers will be stationed at the registration table by the drop off zone to give you your table assignment and help get your supplies to and from your table.
- Please use your pre-assigned drop-off time to avoid congestion and traffic delays. Drop offs outside the designated area may be ticketed.
- Preference for drop-off times will be given to agencies that have on-site volunteer experiences and engaging interactive activities planned.
- Table assignments are made based upon the nature of your interactive activity, your agency cause, and the number and quality of volunteer opportunities you have posted on VOLY.org.
- Agencies that are set-up on time and remain fully engaged until the event ends at 4 p.m. will be given preference in table assignments the following year.
What are the social media links for this event?
- Invite colleagues, volunteers, friends and family to join the fun.
- o Website: http://www.volnow.org/events/voly-in-the-park.html
- o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VolNow/
- o Twitter: Vol_Now
- o Instagram: VolunteerNow
Save This Event
When & Where
VolunteerNow serves as the hub of volunteerism in North Texas. Last year, volunteers served 1.1 million hours, generating $28 million in economic impact for the region by connecting more than 40,000 volunteers annually to 2,200 local nonprofits. VOLY.org, powered by VolunteerNow, is the 24/7 connection between volunteers and local service opportunities. As a national thought leader in volunteerism and one of the largest volunteer centers in the country, VolunteerNow provides a wide range of programs and services that build capacity for nonprofits.