Actions and Detail Panel
2017 U.S.T.C. TEXAS OPEN HANMADANG
Sat, April 22, 2017, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
** PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR**
This April the most authentic Hanmadang, a celebration of Korean culture through the martial arts, will occur right here in north Texas. Due to the success and support we have received in the prior years, this event has been upgraded to Texas Open.
Our Texas and surrounding states competitors have the opportunity to demonstrate great technique and martial arts skill. Every student in your school can compete in this tournament!
Taekwondo Schools in the United States has approximately 10% of the student body participating in sparring classes and competitions. The USTC Texas Open Taekwondo Hanmadang offers the opportunity for the other 90% to showcase their Martial Arts skills in traditional forms, creative forms, creative board breaking, weapons, power breaking, and demonstration team events. This year we are bringing back Hanmadang Weapon Events: Individual Traditional Sword Forms, Team Traditional Sword Forms, and Sport Gyeokgum (Sword Sparring). We are excited about the addition of two new sword events: Individual Paper Cutting and Individual Bamboo Cutting (with Live Sword).
Additionally, parents, grandparents, children, uncles, and aunts can create teams and participate together. The unique ability for families to participate together is one that draws such strong participation numbers and unites our Taekwondo family!
In order to ensure a smoothly run and on-schedule tournament, I strongly encourage all participants to pre-register early. Competitors can register now through April 16, 2017.
The USTC Texas Open Taekwondo Hanmadang Championships provides competitors with an invaluable opportunity to show all of their hard work, dedication, and passion for the Martial Art of Taekwondo.
For more information, the latest news, and updates, please visit our association’s website at http://www.ustctx.org/
I am looking forward to seeing you at these Championships!