Actions and Detail Panel
2017 TriSports.com Sahuarita Triathlon & 5k
Sat, May 6, 2017, 6:00 AM – 11:00 AM MST
Join us at beautiful Sahuarita Lake Park for the 4th Annual TriSports.com Sahuarita Triathlon & 5k! Swim in the beautiful lake nestled in the heart of the Rancho Sahuarita community, bike the winding roads of this iconic AZ town, and run the beautiful, closed paths around Rancho Sahuarita. Wanna run? There's a 5k option as well for the whole family to enjoy!
Sahuarita is a wonderful town located just 15 miles south of Tucson. The average temperatures in early May are mid-50’s in the morning, with a high of 85 degrees. The water temperature in Sahuarita Lake in early May is an ideal 67 to 69 degrees. The area around the Lake is absolutely perfect for friends and family to spectate or just hang out and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Park and playground facilities are right there for the kids, too.
- Olympic Triathlon (Duathlon & Team Relay options)
- Sprint Triathlon (Duathlon & Team Relay options)
- 5k run
5k Trail Run
- Take a 3.1 mile jaunt through the Rancho Sahuarita community and around glistening Sahuarita Lake.
- Youths under 12 must be accompanied by parent or guardian over 18 years old
Olympic Distance (USA Triathlon Sanctioned)
- Triathlon: 0.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run
- Triathlon Relay: 0.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run
- Duathlon: 25 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run
- 10k Run: 6.2 mile run
Sprint Distance (USA Triathlon Sanctioned)
- Triathlon: 500m swim, 12.5 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run
- Triathlon Relay:500m swim, 12.5 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run
- Duathlon:12.5 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run
- 5k Run: 3.1 mile run
Each participant will receive a TriSports.com Sahuarita Triathlon participant's shirt and gorgeous finisher's medal.
Overall top 3 male/female winners and age group recognition and prizes for Sprint & Olympic Triathlon distances. Top 3 overall male/female recognition for the 5k, Sprint/Oly Duathlon, and top overall Sprint/Oly team.