Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Train-the-Trainer National Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Responder...
Mon, May 15, 2017, 12:00 PM – Tue, May 16, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
The target audience for this course is experienced trainers from all TIM disciplines, including: Law Enforcement, Fire/Rescue, Emergency Medical Service, Towing and Recovery, Emergency Management, Communications, and Highway/Transportation. Each TtT participant is expected to have both prior instructional and TIM experience.
The National TIM Responder Training Program was developed by responders for responders, and designed to establish the foundation for and promote consistent training of all responders to achieve the three objectives of the TIM National Unified Goal (NUG):
- Responder Safety
- Safe, Quick Clearance
- Prompt, Reliable, Interoperable Communications
The Train-the-Trainer (TtT) course is intended to provide participants (i.e., trainers) the knowledge and materials necessary for them to conduct TIM training for TIM responders in their area or state. The TtT is a 1½-day course that covers 11 hours of material, including classroom training as well as hands-on and outdoor activities. Once trainers have completed the TtT course, they will have the flexibility to train others as appropriate using a condensed 4-hour version of the training.
Where will the class be held and what time does it start?
- The class will be conducted at the CAPITAL WEST CHRISTIAN CHURCH EVENT CENTER in Jefferson City, MO. Class will start at noon on May15-NO LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED ON THE FIRST DAY OF TRAINING. Training will start at 8:30 am on May 16- Lunch will be provided on the 16th.
What is the cost associated with attending the Train the Trainer course?
- This training is being provided free of charge. Up to 30 scholarships to cover one nights lodging will be available to city/county/private sector attendees who will be required to travel more than 75 miles to attend the course, otherwise attendees are responsible for all travel related expenses including lodging and meals.
What is the process for lodging covered under scholarship?
- Once your registration/application is reviewed and you are accepted for the class, MoDOT will make your lodging reservation and send you the location and conformation information. Any arrangements made by the attendee, WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED under scholoarship.
What is the training expectation for trainees attending this course?
- After completing the course, trainees are expected to conduct at least 6 trainings over the next 2 year period
What items will be supplied to me to train?
- MoDOT and The Coalition for Roadway Safety will supply trainers with a Trainers Manual and Power Point and Student Handout for the Missouri 4 hour curriculum.