Reception on April 19 is included in the registration price.
Lunch on April 20 is included in the registration price.
SOAR- Macon 2017 is focused on connecting Georgia aerospace and defense suppliers with potential partners and resources to increase their capabilities to meet the needs of the global marketplace.
During this one-day event for the aerospace and defense industry, you will be able to:
- Connect to potential business partners and collaborators
- Promote your company's capabilities to other attendees
- Attend Development Sessions to build skills you can use in your business today
Resource organizations from the university system, technical colleges, state government, and federal government will offer development sessions to help your company – gain access to a new technology, specialized training for your workforce, or getting that latest certification. Aerospace and Defense suppliers from throughout Georgia attend to discuss common issues, requirements, and opportunities to partner to win that next big contract.
"FAST PITCH” sessions will allow your company to meet one on one with Airbus, Lockheed Martin, and Meggitt.
Please come prepared with your “elevator” speech to share your company’s capabilities and bring plenty of business cards and brochures to share with your new connections.
- What are your company’s key capabilities?
- What sets your company apart from the competition?
- What kind of connections would be most helpful to you?
- o “My ideal client is…. ”
- o “I’m looking for partners to team with on this contracting opportunity…”
- o “I need another source for…”
Join us for the Welcome Networking Reception the evening before SOAR, on Wednesday, April 19 at the Professional Sciences Conference Center at Middle Georgia State University (100 University Pkwy, Macon 31206) from 5:30 -7:00 PM.
Conference begins Thursday, April 20th
- 8:00-8:30 a.m.: Registration and Networking
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Morning Session
- 8:30-9:00 - Welcome
- 9:00-10:30 – Industry panel, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Meggitt
- 10:45-12:00 - Supplier Development Sessions
- 10:45-12:00 - Speed Networking ("Fast Pitch")
- 12:15-1:30 - Lunch (and networking)
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30p.m. - Afternoon Session
- 1:30-2:30 - Development Sessions
- 1:30-2:30 - Speed Networking ("Fast Pitch")
- 2:30-3:30 - Development Sessions
- 2:30-3:30 - Speed Networking ("Fast Pitch")
- Supplier Development Sessions
- Participate in development sessions on various topics of interest to suppliers. Topics are being finalized and in order to customize this forum for our attendees, upon registration, you will be able to vote on topics that are of interest to you.
- "Fast Pitch": A match-making event for aerospace and defense suppliers to connect to Purchasing Managers through one-on-one speed networking sessions. Deadline to apply for "Fast Pitch" ends March 27th at 12:00
- Major Purchasing Managers will select suppliers for speed networking sessions. Sessions are limited and the final companies will be selected by the OEMs. Don't miss this opportunity to grow your business by pitching your company and products to Lockheed Martin, Airbus, and Meggitt.
- By creating your "Fast Pitch" profile, all of your information is guaranteed to be presented to all of the purchasing managers, and other aerospace companies that attend SOAR.
Registration for this event includes reception, lunch, networking, industry panels, supplier development sessions, and Q&A. After you receive your confirmation email, you will be able to choose if you are interested in participating in "Fast Pitch", which is a Free Add-On to this event.
Hosted by a Statewide Partnership: The Georgia Center of Innovation for Aerospace, Georgia Department of Economic Development, Georgia Tech Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP), Macon Economic Development Commission, Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC), University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (GaSBDC), Georgia Power, the Guard Initiative, and the National Defense Industry Association (NDIA).
Have questions about 2017 Supplier Opportunities & Aerospace Resources (SOAR) Conference? Contact Us