San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us this summer to learn more about the world of speech-languge therapy and make a difference in the life of a child! Use this application to apply to intern with us.
To apply, you must:
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and prepared to have fun!
- Complete an application and submit a video. A phone or facetime/skype interview is also required (interviews will begin in January 2017).
- Provide two letters of reference and one additional reference contact (references may compose their own).
- Must be able to attend the mandatory training sessions (see dates) at St. Gabriel’s Catholic Church (corner of Sharon Amity and Providence). More information will be sent prior to this date.
- Must provide certificate of completion of CPR class that includes CPR for children. Most local Red Cross affiliates and your school teach these classes. Training must be completed PRIOR to the start of camp. If your certificate isn't yet ready (often takes a few weeks), please provide a letter from the instructor stating completion date.
- You’ll need transportation, lodging and access to the Internet and email. Intern hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30-2:30, with Fridays off. Bring a bag lunch.
- Housing is available at UNC-Charlotte for about $500 for the entire four week summer camp. http://housing.uncc.edu/conference-housing/summer-intern-housing.
- Must be enrolled as a second year graduate student (for speech-pathology or audiology) on or before Fall 2016 and authorized to receive clinicial hours by your university with this organization. Supervision will be provided by an ASHA-certified SLP, in accordance with ASHA Code of Ethics, and only SLP hours will be awarded. Usually, the university requires a contract between the university and TSGI signed before beginning the internship. Even if your school's clinic director 'places' you with us, an application is required (note school placement on form).
- Get many ASHA therapy hours in a few short weeks- 64 therapy hours for the entire summer, in addition to preparation time.
- Must provide proof of liability insurance prior to start date. Insurance is available from www.proliability.com for the student rate of $35.
- No application fee. Fees include your background screening and a processing fee.
- May obtain up to 64 hours of observation of interaction with of children with delays/disorder or typically developing children (this may count toward observation hours required for some programs)- check with your school or call for more information.
- Must have completed at least two years of undergraduate work (be a rising junior by September of 2016).
- Undergraduate interns will assist with therapy, as well as assist in development of materials for class. Duties will also include planning and teaching.
- Record your 30-60 second personal statement and upload to your youtube account. Then copy the link into the application.
- We will be looking for competent communication skills, enthusiasm, energy and passion to show through the personal statement.
- Do NOT begin the online intern application until you have completed the upload.
- To find more information about the personal statement, please visit the "Intern with Us" page on our website here.
What is the deadline? This application will close when all slots are filled. We have a rolling admission process, meaning that students are interviewed and accepted or denied as their paperwork process is completed. Phone interviews will begin in January 2017. Typically, we accept 30-40 interns each summer, but that number is largely dependent on the number of campers that we have enroll in the summer camp. The admission process doesn’t have a defined closing date, because not everyone who applies is admitted, but we will most likely be finishing up the interviews in April or May. You are encouraged to apply very early.2017 Internship Dates (required)
Training Day 1 (required)
Friday, June 30
Training Day / Workdays (required)
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
July 5, 6 and 7
Open House (required)
Sunday, July 9
Required Camp Dates (required)
July 10- August 3 (Mon-Thurs only)
Camp Staff hours 8:30am-2:30pm
Ready to commit? Complete this application, and bring some friends (it's more fun that way)!
Save This Event
St. Gabriel's Catholic Church Preschool (The Cradle)
3016 Providence Rd
The Speech Garden Institute, Inc.
Creating competent communicators