San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2017 Savannah Traffick Jam: Be the Light of Change to End Human Trafficking
Saturday, January 28, 2017 l 9:00AM - 4:00PM l Savannah State University Student Union Ballroom
Educate our community to understand and recognize the warning signs of hidden crimes.
- Morning and afternoon workshops for everyone.
- Adult continued education credits available for social workers and lawyers.
- 4 Hour technical training for law enforcement.
Empower individuals to be informed reporters
- Human Trafficking 101: understanding the facts, the issues, and how to tackle crimes through reporting.
- Linking business owners, service providers, and concerned citizens with tools and resources.
Eradicate modern day slavery as a united community
- Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jonathan Todres, from Georgia State University College of Law to break down the issues of demand impacting our local economy and community safety.
- "What does it take to build a Safe House?" Community action and tools for local leaders to support rescue and rehabilitation.
Schedule of events
All Day: Resource Fair and Art Exhibit l Breakout sessions for community & Industry Professionals
9:00AM: Doors and Registration Opens
9:30AM: Event Kickoff!
Keynote Address, Dr. Jonathan Todres, Georgia State University College of Law
10-11:30AM: Human Trafficking 101
Tapestri, GA Cares, DHS Blue Campaign, Shared Hope International
10-12:00PM: Youth Workshop on Human Trafficking
12-1:00PM: Lunch Break & Live Entertainment!
1-4:00PM: Law Enforcement Technical Training
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
1-3:00PM: "Are Our Students at Risk?" Best Practices for School Professionals
1-3:00PM: Youth Workshop #2
1-2:30PM: Improving Victim Centered Prosecution in the Legal Community
Dr. Jonathan Todres & Dr. Jonatahn Grubb
1-2:30PM: Case Management Procedures for Victims of Trafficking
1-2:30PM: Supporting Victims and Survivors of Trafficking in the Medical Sector
Dept of Health & Human Services
2:45-4:00PM: Linking Gender Based Violence and Human Trafficking Crimes in Legal Sector
Georgia Legal Services Program
2:45-4:00pm: Rescue & Rehabilitation for Survivors
Dept. of Health & Human Services
4-4:30PM: Closing Ceremonies and Certificates Provided to Registered Service Providers!
Save This Event
When & Where
Savannah Interagency Diversity Council
The 2nd annual Savannah Traffick Jam is hosted by the Savannah Interagency Diversity Council (SIDC). The SIDC is a local nonprofit comprised of more than 40 government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and local businesses dedicated to advancing unity within the Metro Savannah area.
Members of the SIDC welcomes new involvement at our monthly meetings and community events. If you would like to receive updates and get involved with the organization, check us out on Facebook or visit our website, www.thesidc.org