Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
RAIN OR SHINE: Free event on 2nd Street THIS Sat., Feb. 18, 2017, at noon encourages men, women, and youth to walk a mile in red shoes or red high heels for Heart Health Month.
For February’s heart health month, Justin Rudd’s nonprofit Community Action Team (C.A.T.) invites the public to the 7th annual “Red High Heels Walk” on the sidewalks of 2nd St.
Registration, start and finish will take place at Livingston Park, corner of Livingston Drive and Park Ave. On-site registration begins at 11:30 a.m.
Approx. 300 people took part in last year’s event. Participants are encouraged to create and carry heart health messages on signs during the procession. The walk takes about 40 minutes and typically begins with a walk down a 100’ red carpet.
The event aims to bring awareness about the importance of heart health, while also raising funds for schools, places of worship, nonprofits, clubs and organizations in the Long Beach area.
FUNDRAISING DETAILS for groups of 20 or more:
Your group can make money by walking in the Red High Heels Walk. Justin Rudd's nonprofit Community Action Team (C.A.T.) will donate $5/per person in red shoes or heels to your charity, organization, school or team (up to $250 per group) if each pre-registrant in your group meets the following conditions:
* the team's leader must contact Justin@JustinRudd.com in advance to get the event details/rules, and be sure to include the group's name/address to mail the check after the event.
* groups with less than 20 pre-registrations by 8 p.m. on Fri., Feb. 19; or with less than 20 people who are signed-in on time (11:45 a.m., sharp) will receive no money. No exceptions.
* each person in the group must be registered at https://redhighheelswalk2017.eventbrite.com by 8 p.m. on Fri., Feb. 17, and groups can not add to the fundraising team after this time. Others may sign-up at the event and walk with your group, but will not be included in your fundraising.
* at the time of registration, registrant must indicate the correct charity/organization/school name in the space provided
* must be wearing your red shoes/heels and be signed-in by 11:45 a.m., sharp
* must walk the complete 1-mile walk on the sidewalks of 2nd St. (those disabled in wheelchairs do count, youngsters pushed in strollers or carried do not count). The idea is to walk the entire mile.
* must be in the team's photo at 11:45 a.m. in the park taken by Justin Rudd, wearing your registration bib number.
* Shoes or heels must be at least 75% red.
* Completely spray-painted shoes are acceptable.
* Shoes with red tape are acceptable, but discouraged.
* Organizers are looking for solid red shoes, not just red shoe laces.
* Pink or burgundy shoes are not acceptable.
* Flip-flops are NOT acceptable.
* We encourage your teammates to "like" our fan page: www.facebook.com/RedHighHeelsWalk
* Your group can keep the money, donate to a local charity, or donate to your favorite heart health organization
* We encourage you to create and walk with signage or banners with heart health messages or facts
* We think you are awesome for walking on behalf of Heart Health Month.
* you agree to follow street lights and signs