Highland Dance Competition:
- Competition will be governed by SOBHD and FUSTA rules.
- All dancers must have a valid FUSTA or Scotdance registration number to enter. A valid 2017 card is required to receive awards. If a dancer’s card is not present at registration, a copy of your card must be sent to the organizer, and the National Registrar must be notified within 10 days of the competition date.
- Change in classification must be received by May 1, 2017.
- This is a non-refundable entry.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel, split or combine, add events or makes changes within the SOBHD rules.
- Competitors will dance in reverse order of entry.
- All competitors are expected to comply with FUSTA Code of Ethics.
- Any dancer causing delay will forfeit entry in any event.
- Any attempt to approach a judge or piper on behalf of a competitor may result in disqualification.
- Dancers must be in competition dress to accept all awards.
- Decisions of the judge are final. Protests must be made in writing and submitted to the Executive Secretary with a fee of $5.00 before the end of the competition. Fee will be returned if protest is sustained.
- All dances count toward aggregate trophies except for special challenge dances. Aggregate trophy is awarded to the dancer in their class and age category with the highest points.
- Pre-Premier dancers will receive medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and ribbons for 4th, 5th, and 6th places. Aggregate trophies will be awarded based on age group and category.
- Premier age groups 12 and over will be based on total number of registrations.
- Premier class 12 and older will receive cash awards and ribbons. Under 12 age group will receive medals and ribbons. Aggregate trophies are based on the number of dancers and age groups.
- Distribution of prize money in Premier 12 and older categories will be determined on breakdown of age groups.
- Competitor numbers will be issued at registration.
- Dancers competing in the Broadsword or Twa-Some Choreography are not required to be from the same dance school.
- Yarnell Hill 19 Memorial Trophy will consist of a dance-off for AZ dancers that place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the Fling, Sword, or Seann Triubhas.
Share with friends