Art Flows Like Water Art Show
Art Flows Like Water is a juried art show hosted by Our World Underwater (“OWU”). The art show is open to all visual artists and/or divers with artwork showcasing the beauty and conservation of the aquatic and marine environments.
Deadline: Thursday, February 9, 2017
Art Show: February 24 - 26, 2017 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Hall G, 5500 N. River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018
· Submissions are open to the following mediums: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture and Digital Art. Standard photography and video will not be considered for this art show as OWU provides a separate photography/video competition, see: www.underwatercompetition.com. Dive site maps will be considered ineligible as this best fits cartography.
· Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
· A $20 non-refundable entry fee is required for the artist to submit one (1) to four (4) works of art. Artists submitting 3D artwork may also submit one (1) additional view per artwork without cost. Payment of fee is for consideration and is not a guarantee of acceptance.
· Cash prizes will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners. Submission fees will determine the amount of each cash prize. Ballots cast by OWU attendees will select the winners.
· All artwork is to be for sale, with 80% going to the artist and 20% to Our World Underwater to be used for conservation charities. Sale prices are determined by the artist.
· Artwork sizes are limited to 5’ H x 3’ W x 3’ D and 50 lbs. If pedestals are needed, the artist must provide them.
· Artwork is to remain on display for the full length of Our World Underwater Dive & Travel Show, February 24 - 26, 2017.
· Artwork must be completed before submission. Digital images of artwork submitted must be a non-altered representation of the actual artwork. No artwork substitutions will be allowed unless the artwork has been damaged during shipment.
· Art Flows Like Water will be curated by Cecile Derel. Admission judges are to be made up of OWU personnel.
· Accepted artists will be notified via email no later than Monday, February 13, 2017.
· Accepted artwork from out of state artists must be received by Wednesday, February 22, 2017. Accepted artwork from artists attending OWU must be received by Friday, February 24, 2017 (shipping and hand delivery details to follow in acceptance emails).
1) The $20 non-refundable entry fee payment can be paid via Eventbrite Ticketing (a link can found under “Buy Tickets” at http://ourworldunderwater.com/Chicago/). Upon receipt of payment, OWU will send you a confirmation email.
2) Upon receipt of OWU confirmation of payment email, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(a) Your name, address and contact information;
(b) An artist bio (75 words or less);
(c) Title, Dimensions, Medium, Description & Sale Price for each artwork submitted; and
(d) One digital image of each artwork submitted. Images should be attached to the email as a JPG or TIF and should be 1 MB or less in size. Images should be submitted as lastname_firstinitial_title.
* Please note only artists who have paid their entry fee and submitted complete applications by February 9, 2017 will be considered. All submissions are via email at email@example.com.
* CURATOR’S TIPS: The digital images are the only representation that the curator will see. Please put your best foot forward. Images should be of an individual artwork with little or no background. The curator suggests reading this site before photographing your work: http://emptyeasel.com/2007/01/19/how-to-photograph-your-artwork-for-a-portfolio-or-the-internet/
Questions can be sent to Cecile Derel at firstname.lastname@example.org