NW Alabama BEST Robotics Competition
for Middle & High School Teams
a partnership between
the Shoals Chamber of Commerce & Northwest-Shoals Community College
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!
2017 MANDATORY* Competition Events:
* All Competition Events are MANDATORY for all teams to be represented, however not all team members must attend every event.
* Required: 1 adult represeting the team, preferably the Team Sponsor
* Strongly Encouraged: as many team members as possible
* Parents & other adults involved with teams are also welcome at all events
- Sat., Aug. 26, 2017, Team Training & Kick-Off, 9 a.m. - ~5 p.m., NW-SCC, Gym
- Team Training (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) MANDATORY for NEW teams & new teacher sponsors.
- ALL teams (sponsors & team members) are encouraged to attend!
- Kick-Off (3 - 5 p.m.) is MANDATORY for ALL TEAMS to be represented.
- Game field & game-specific rules revealed; Teams receive robot building materials.
- Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, Mall Day, (tentatively) Florence Mall, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Practice Driving on playing field - teams sign up for a 30 min. time slot
- Tues., Oct. 3, 2017, Engineering Notebook DUE, NW-SCC campus
- Engineering Notebooks are mandatory
- Other competitive elements will also be due this day (Teamwear sample & Submission form, CAD Drawings, Mascot Submission forn and photo, etc.)
- Sat., Oct. 7, 2017, Game Day, ~8:00 a.m. - ~6:00 p.m., NW-SCC, Gym & Grounds
- Let the best team win! But let EVERY team LEARN!!
* The BEST Competition is FREE for schools to compete and all robot building materials are provided by the Hub. Teams may NOT use any materials or equipment for their robot NOT supplied by the Hub.
* All events are free & open to the public.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Newland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 256-764-4661 or toll free 877-764-4661.