Founded in 2006, the New Inventor Track (formerly known as T&GCon, Toy & Game Inventor Cofnerence) is part of our Conferences. This is your opportunity to pitch your ideas directly to top toy and game experts and product acquisition and inventor relations executives such as (the following are 2016 participating companies and we expect 2017 to increase): Hasbro, Spin Master, Mattel, Bandai, PlayMonster, Asmodee, Pressman Toy, Goliath Games, ThinkFun, Outset Media, Trend Int'l, USAopoly, Marbles, the Brain Store, Polygroup, Fat Brain Toys, Marektoy, Identity Games USA and Netherlands, Carletto, Buffalo Games, Peaceable Kingdom, Longshore, CASS Group, Haywire Group, Gigamic, Jazwares, Blue Orange USA, Yulu Toys, D&L, Product Counsel, Brain Games, MindWare and more to come from around world for licensing and/or for advice on moving forward with design, manufacturing, outsourcing, packaging, distribution and marketing. We have assembled the most knowledgeable experts in the toy and game industry to give you advice and feedback. This is the one time in the year that many of these inventor relations executives will look at outside submissions from inventors who are not represented by agents.
Includes information-packed conference, keynotes and networking events: Inventor Night at D4 Irish Pub (we take over an entire pub) and the elegant and celebratory Toy & Game Innovation Awards (the TAGIEs). This New Inventor Track a must attend event!
- New Development Workshops designed to help increase and improve your business
- Full access to other events at the Conference targeting small companies and new inventor sessions, held in adjacent conference rooms, see New Inventor Track for more details
- Networking meals and coffee breaks with Speakers and other Conference attendees
- 1-minute Speed pitching – Get your toy, game and playful products ready to do this show-and-tell-speed dating-style! Set-up at a table while top toy & game company executives come to you
- Please note: The Chicago Toy & Game Group does not claim royalties or commissions on any contracts/agreements made as a result of Conference participation.
- Unique offering: Access to complimentary Inventor Lounge for more casual meetings or for in-between sessions on Thursday and Friday
- Access to the Inventor Night at D4 pub for toy & game companies executives and Professional Inventors only (Wednesday night)
- Access to 2-days (Saturday & Sunday) admission to the Chicago Toy & Game (ChiTAG) Fair with your Conference badge - also presented by the Chicago Toy & Game (ChiTAG) Group, ChiTAG Fair is a unique weekend trade show that is open to the public and the media, just at the start of the 4th quarter holiday shopping season. ChiTAG Fair shows the latest toys, games and a wide variety of playful products offered by our 150+ Exhibitors
- Discounts on exhibit space at the Chicago Toy & Game Fair:
$300 discount on an Inventor Table (6 foot table and 2 chairs) or $500 discount on a 10 x 10 foot or larger Booth space http://www.chitag.com/exhibit-at-the-fair
Full Conference ticket includes:
- Inventor Night at D4 - One ticket - Great food, great space, great networking, we take over a whole pub! Valued at $100
- Toy and Game Innovation Awards (TAGIEs) - One ticket - A seat for each registrant at the 10th annual TAGIEs. Join us for an elegant, celebratory and playful Friday evening. Valued at $300
- Chicago Toy & Game (ChiTAG) Fair - Explore the latest trends in the toy, game and play industry or test out your products by taking advantage of the discounts for Booth space or table! Valued at $15
- Access to White Papers - Written by the thought leaders of the Play Industry. Invaluable
Companion Conference Ticket includes:
The Companion Ticket includes all the previous benefits except for the exhibit table for 1-minute Speed pitching since it is assumed they are part of the team for the first ticket. Companion Registration can only be purchased paired with a Full New Inventor Conference Registration. There is a cancelation fee due to costs with eventbrite, authorize.net, credit card processing and our accountants. We are charged but all parties in both the registration and in the credit processing.
About White Papers
by Tanya Thompson, Director of Product Strategy and Inventor Relations at Marbles: The Brain Store
"Toy and Game Industry White Papers. What are they?"
Mary Couzin, Brian Torney, Sam Wells and I came up with the idea after the Chicago Toy and Game Week in 2011. We recognized that there are a lot of very knowledgeable experts that attend the events in Chicago. Wouldn’t it be great to capture that knowledge in writing and be able to share it? I attend another conference called the Gathering for Gardner (G4G) where the top mathematicians, magicians and puzzlers gather from all over the world for this invitation-only celebration of Martin Gardner. At G4G each attendee participates in a gift exchange. The gifts are physical curiosities as well as written articles. Some of these articles are published in the G4G Books. These books are wonderful collections written by experts in these fields. I shared this with Mary, Brian and Sam and we felt it would be great to have something similar for our industry. Thus the White Papers were born!
*Participating companies as of October 16th and subject to change.
Save This Event
When & Where
Chicago Toy & Game Week