What is Lean on the Lakeshore Challenge?
Lean on the Lakeshore is a 100-day weight loss challenge starting January 8th, 2017, open to anyone who lives or works in Manitowoc County and is interested in living a healthier lifestyle or losing weight.
Each week, teams are invited to attend various events and activities at different locations in Manitowoc County. Activities will include exercise classes or sessions at various fitness facilities, as well as outdoor fitness activities. Events will include nutrition education presentations, cooking demonstrations, and fitness challenges. This year’s challenge will have a military fitness theme and will also include learning about Asian Cooking.
The cost of registration is $35.00 and includes t-shirt, activities on the 100 day schedule at many local facilities, guidance via Facebook and emails, a finale party where you can win free gym memberships!
There are incentives to sign up early!
Register before December 1- receive a T-shirt and Sweat Towel
Ways to Participate:
1) Facility-led teams:
Register by November 30th. There are a limited number of spots available on teams at Holy Family Memorial Wellness Center, YMCA, Crossfit, Jazzercise, and Defiant Fitness. You will have a trainer to guide you through your 100 day challenge, and a team to support you. If accepted, you will receive a 100 day free membership to that facility. Below are the requirements for applying.
Requirements of the facility led teams:
- *Need to lose at least 20lbs.
- *Required to weigh in and weigh out regardless of how you have done.
- *Weight must be recorded with trainer weekly or at least reported.
- *Must communicate with trainer either text or email.
- *Must make workout requirements as set by trainer.
- *Must be open to nutritional changes as set by LOL guidelines
- *Must not be a member of any of the facilities that are hosting teams.
(There are some facilities that may allow current members to also join the team, this should be confirmed with the facility before you register).
2) Make your own team:
Chose a captain and invent a fun team name. Have the captain create a team. Then have friends, family or co-workers search for that team name and register as part of the team. You will get full use of all of the events on the schedule- including a finale full of prizes! No requirements to make, just enjoy!
3) As an Individual:
You’re invited to participate in all events and activities, and share in the education and informational process.
Important dates to note:
- Weigh ins: January 5-7 at HFM Wellness Center or at Kick Off Jan 8th at the Senior Center: Those registering at the kick-off can weigh in between 11am and 1pm, those pre-registered may be weighed in from 2pm and 4pm.
- Weigh outs: April 16-19, locations and time TBD
- The Finale: April 22nd at the Lighthouse Inn
Connect to our online community. Visit our Facebook page at: