Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Lawrence Mercer ATHENA Awards
Tue, April 18, 2017, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
The ATHENA Leadership Award is presented annually by chambers of commerce, women’s organizations and universities. The award is established through local host organizations in partnership with ATHENA International’s national underwriters, local businesses and individual sponsors.
Nominations are solicited and an ATHENA sculpture is awarded to an individual in the community who meets specific criteria listed below.
The ATHENA Leadership Award Criteria
ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients are individuals who:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence.
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
The ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award, established in 2007 to honor emerging leaders. There are no specific age qualifications, however as the name of the award would indicate, candidates should be at least college age and have embarked on their career path. It will be at the discretion of each participating community whether or not to determine a maximum age (35~40 for instance).
Criteria ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Recipients are emerging leaders who:
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
- Provides valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally
The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, established in 2010 to honor organizations and businesses.
The business or organization:
- Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives