Actions and Detail Panel
2017 King of GA TTC
Sun, April 9, 2017, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
KING OF GA TTC
How to enter-
$15 a class (10 to the winner, 5 for comp expenses)
PLEASE only one class per person. I know some of you have multiple rigs but theres not enough time in the day for both unfortunately.
***** EVENT CAPPED AT 50 DRIVERS*****
A 2 day event just isnt possible for what we have going on. Registration will be on eventbrite.com, more info on that later. (We will make acceptions if we need to, but 50 is it)
Payout is based on entrys for each class, not split for both. Winner only, 1 king, not a runner up king people!!
* 1.9 CAB CLASS - Whats this mean? Does your truck have a cab? Does it run 1.9 tires? Cool! This is the class for you! (Truggies and flat beds/honchos too)
* 2.2 BUGGY/Wroncho CLASS - Do you have a bomber? Or wraith? Or a rediculous looking scx10?! Awesome! This is the class for you!!!!
** Scale points do NOT matter, HOWEVER, a vehicle that doesnt look scale, or have a scale chassis will be illegal **
EACH EVENT HAS A SEPERATE SET OF RULES! The events and their rules are as follows:
1. The Frame Twister- (obviously this is a man made course because we play toy trucks) but you get the idea when i say "man made" this course will consist of non-natural terrain. Concrete blocks, slabs, rocks, mud, water, ledges, sand, if you can think it, you will encounter it! Cones will be placed among the course as direction ONLY! There will be boundaries on either side of the course. If you happen to cross this boundary you will be DONE! And your distance through the twister of frames will be recorded. Winching is allowed, touching your truck is NOT! If you can not make it out of the course you will be done and time recorded! A time limit will be given. If you time out your distance will also be recorded. The only penalty is time or out of bounds.
2. The Mini Rubicon- How good are you at navigating the roughest, nastiest rock garden imaginable with an RC car? Youre about to find out! This is the rock crawling portion of the event where drivers will see just how quick and safely they can navigate the massive rocks. Cones will be setup as "gates" however will only mark direction and not count against you if you hit them. That being said, if you go outside the cones you will be disqualified and your distance through the garden will be recorded. A time limit will be given. If time out your distance will be recorded and you will be done. Winching is allowed
3. The Bounty Hill Climb- This event will be all about whos got the biggest trigger finger. 5 attempts to make it up a very rocky, very verticle hill climb! The fastest to the top is the winner! If you cant make it to the top your distance will be recorded. There will be 2 hills. 1.9's will be running up the infamous "log rock" and 2.2 will be running the hardest called "axle hill"
4. The Tank Trap - The real life tank trap, known for its water holes that get progressively deeper, canyon, hill climb and extremely slick rocks makes it the toughest event that would make any rock crawling enthusiast cringe just pulling up to. Drivers have a time limit to complete the course. Quickest to the finish will be the winner. Cones will be added for course direction. You can hit them, but do not go outside the boundaries or you are disqualified. If you touch your truck you will be disqualified. Winching is allowed! Mud and water WILL be present from start to finish!
DISCLAIMER FOR THE EVENT-
* Mud and water will be present. NOTHING deeper than axle deep. It will be nasty. I suggest everyone to bring something with some splash proof electronics!
* Bring bug spray!!!
* If you FROWN you will be asked to LEAVE! Smiles only!!!!!
* We will be cooking lunch. Everyone PLEASE either bring something to cook or have for yourself to eat.
* A quick drivers meeting will be had early enough in the morning to get everyone on the same page.
* TEAM CAPTAINS will be appointed prior to the event. The team captains will be notified via facebook messanger group chat so they all are on the same page!
* Drivers will be asked to group together with an appointed team captain (i dont want to pick these groups, buddies have more fun together)
* Team captains will be responsible for the scores and answering any questions during the event. The only "scores" will be a time, a distance, or a DQ. Thats it. Hold a timer and watch the runs. Team captains will go last.
* EACH DRIVER will have 30 seconds once the last driver finishes to be at the starting line ready to go! If you are not plugged in ready to drive by the time the person in front of you is finished you will be given a max time out and will not be allowed to run! (We are trying to save daylight!) the best thing to do, is if you know you are on deck go ahead and have your truck fired up and at the starting line!