San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2017 Keeping Our Communities Healthy Conference
May 17-19, 2017
Hilton Houston Post Oak, Houston, Texas
The national 2017 Keeping Our Communities Healthy Conference (TKOCH) is the largest healthy communities conference in Texas and Southwest U.S. The annual event is an effort to increase awareness of food, nutrition, agriculture and wellness initiatives in an effort to build a healthier community.
Experts, leaders, advocates and stakeholders from the food, nutrition, agriculture, health & wellness industry come together to talk about best practices, solutions, innovative models, network and share the latest news and research on what is happening in Texas and across the nation.
Conference Dates & Location:
May 17-19, 2017 in Houston, Texas
Hilton Houston Post Oak Hotel
(located in Houston’s world famous uptown Galleria area shopping district)
2017 Annual Conference Tracks:
- Healthy Schools (includes coordinated school health & wellness, school nutrition, farm to school and other school agricultural initiatives)
- Farmers Market University (includes farmers markets and other community agricultural initiatives which promote agriculture awareness, education and access)
- Food & Nutrition (includes food education & healthy eating, food safety, food insecurity, food waste, food access, summer feeding and general community nutrition)
- Healthy Communities (includes the built environment; wellness, parks & recreation, after school programs, community transformation and revitalization)
2017 Agenda Topics Include:
- Implementing Food Safety Guidelines for Your School Garden
- Farmers Market Research & Underserved Communities
- Measuring Your Effectiveness to Build Healthier More Active Communities and Promote Wellness
- Creating a Healthy School: Chicken Coops, Compositing, Growing Food in the Garden and The Culinary Experience (includes school tour)
- The Farm to School Movement is Your School on Board
- Food Insecurity Screening Tools: Maximizing Food Insecurity Services for the Client/Patient After the Referral
- Managing A Successful Farmers Market
- Promoting Healthy & Active Lifestyles, Conservation Initiatives & Equitable Access to Parks & Public Spaces
Join us along with presenters from United States Department of Agriculture, National Farm to School Network, American College of Sports Medicine, Texas Department of Agriculture and many other local, state and national organizations as we bring you the largest healthy communities conference in the Southwest U.S.
Conference Refund & Cancellation Policy:
- Any registrant who cancels registration prior to March 1, 2017 shall receive a full refund.
- Any registrant who cancels registration between March 1, 2017 and April 1, 2017 shall receive a 75% refund.
- Any registrant who cancels registration between April 2, 2017 and April 30, 2017 shall receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds starting May 1, 2017.
All cancellation requests must be in submitted in writing and be postmarked and received to P.O. Box by the deadline.
All cancellation requests must be submitted to the following address: Hunger Free Texans/Re: 2017 Keeping Our Communities Healthy Conference. P.O. Box 2142, Houston, TX 77252.
Conference Hotel Reservations:
FOOD | NUTRITION | AGRICULTURE | HEALTHY COMMUNITIES