2017 Ignite Leadership of Portage County Membership
Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 12:00 AM - Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Backstage Passes to local businesses
- Lunch, Learn, Lead with community leaders
- Speed Networking session with peers
- Leadership/Board Event
Invitation to social events including: Anniversary Party, Summer BBQ and Jingle 'n Mingle Holiday Social.
* Some events may require payment, but members receive a discounted rate.
ypWeek 2017 is April 22-28. Join us!
Ignite members will have the unique opportunity to participate in ypWeek Wisconsin. Stevens Point is one of 24 participating communities across the state, showcasing what makes our city a great place for young professionals to live, work and play. YPWeek is a weeklong platform for discovery, adventure and meaningful conversations about the issues that matter among young professionals in Wisconsin.
For only $50, your Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County membership will provide you with the opportunity to visit local businesses and talk with the entrepreneurs who have built them, meet and network with your peers, as well as business leaders in the county, and get involved in your community.
Outside of the value that you will receive from attending these events, there is a considerable cost savings in becoming a member versus paying per event. If you were to attend each event without obtaining a membership, the cost would be $195. (Non-member rates will be available for each event.
Why is it so important for Portage County employers to support Ignite? Here are the top five reasons:
- Employee Loyalty: As employees feel more attached to an area through community involvement, they are more likely to stay in the area and with the same employer.
- Recruitment: Networking with current members can enrich the recruitment pool with leadership skills and other desirable traits.
- Increase Knowledge Base: Access to new ideas and resources can help your business become a stronger company internally and in the eyes of the surrounding area.
- Know the Human Resources Available: Companies have the opportunity to meet and network with the next generation of employees and be able to realistically gauge those who will be advancing in their careers.
- Peer-to-Peer Marketing: Members discuss where they work and what they do with each other at Ignite events. This is a way for other professionals to learn about your company from current employees.
Ask your employer to sponsor your membership! [Download Information]
Backstage Pass Events
See businesses and community organizations behind the scenes at Ignite Backstage Pass events. Learn what goes on inside Portage County’s best from food and brewing to politics and insurance. These events give members an opportunity to meet business leaders and learn what goes into their success while networking with fellow young professionals.
L3: Lunch, Learn, Lead Series
L3 programs are designed to be intimate roundtable discussions over lunch with area business and community leaders and are an opportunity for Ignite members to meet area leaders and hear their personal stories while engaging in a conversation about life, community and leadership.
Social & Networking Events
From speed networking to Holiday Jingle 'n Mingle, Ignite members grow their connections while building relationships professionally and personally. These opportunities ensure a skilled workforce for a growing Portage County economy, while members enjoy time with peers.
In addition to maintaining the Adopt-A-Highway cleanup on Cty HH three times per year, Ignite members select, plan and execute an annual service project. Past projects include the Born Learning Trail at Mead Park and a dog walking trail for volunteers and staff at the Humane Society of Portage County. With a diverse list of community service activities, members are able to find a cause that is tailored to fit their personal passions. Ignite encourages members to volunteer at community events throughout the year.
We have a three-pillar structure for our committees to serve our members: Career, Connect, Community. Below is a breakdown of the committee roles; if you are interested in making an impact in Ignite, email email@example.com to join a committee!
- Lunch, Learn, Lead events
- Leadership Training event
- Speed Networking event
- Promotional efforts at local businesses - Business Outreach Team
- Professional development offerings, career fairs, workshops on resume buildings
- Backstage Pass events
- Social events (Anniversary Party, Jingle 'n Mingle, Halloween, Summer BBQ)
- Ignite Ambassadors
- Recruit new members and retain current members
- Media relations
- Feeding Our Community theme
- 2015 Volunteer Challenge = 1000 hours!
- Recruit members for Ignite-sponsored volunteer activities
- Provide other community volunteer opportunities
- Track impact
- Recognition for Ignite Volunteer Challenge participants
- Nonprofit Board Training
Save This Event
Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County
Ignite Leadership Network of Portage County (Wisconsin) is a program designed to work with the next generation of community leaders between the ages of 21 and 40+ (or the sufficiently young-at-heart) who want to make a difference in their community and beyond. The group's top priority is to develop and encourage philanthropic and community involvement activities while providing peer-to-peer networking and professional development opportunities.
Members and their families participate in committees, networking events, volunteer projects, and leadership training opportunities. Members are educated on key community needs as well as initiatives that work to advance the common good as well as their own professional skills.
Ignite is proud to partner with the Portage County Business Council. Join us today!