Actions and Detail Panel
2017 I Want to Work In a Lab Coat Middle School Biotech Camp
Mon, Jul 24, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Jul 28, 2017, 12:00 PM CDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The HudsonAlpha Educational Outreach team provides several weeks of summer Biotechnology Camps for middle school students. These half-day camps, housed within the educational spaces at HudsonAlpha, are available to rising 6th through 9th grade students.
The I Want to Work in a Lab Coat (Advanced) Middle School Biotech Camp
will be held July 24-28, 2017 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm daily
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in a biotechnology laboratory? Spend a week investigating the tools, techniques and science behind modern biotech careers. Tour high tech lab spaces and get a behind the scenes look at one of Alabama’s fastest growing career fields. Young researchers will perform student-driven experiments and maintain a lab notebook of their discoveries.
Students must have completed the Code of Life Camp (there is a June offering and a July offering) to be eligible for one of two advanced biotechnology camps: I Want to Work in a Lab Coat and/or UDSO Challenge.
Registration will close June 23rd, or once we reach capacity.
Eligibility and Tuition:
- Eligible to rising 6th-9th graders
- Must have taken the Code of Life (Basic) Camp
- $200 tuition is due in full upon registration. Tuition also includes a daily snack and a lab coat.
- For needed cancellations, a full refund of $200 will be given until June 23rd.
- After June 23rd, a $100 refund will be given up until July 10th.
- After July 10th, no refunds will be given for cancellations.