It's audition and training season!
Join us at the 2017 HBCU Dance(TM) Beginner's training weekend in ATL on Feb 18-19!
The Beginner's training weekend is the perfect place for you to learn the basic movements and techniques of some of your favorite HBCU teams. Train with other dancers from across the US who have the same passion and who are beginners - just like you!
Featured Styles: Jackson State Prancing J-Settes, Albany State Golden Passionettes and UNIVERSAL Danceline (not style specific)
Age Requirements: 12 -22yrs old (Female and Male dancers are welcomed)
The HBCU Dance(TM) Beginner's Curriculum includes the following training classes.
Saturday, Feb 18 : 3pm - 8pm EST
3:00 - 3:15p Intros
3:20 - 4:50p Marching & Prancing 101
4:55 - 6:25p Stunts 101
6:30 - 8:00p Stands 101
Sunday, Feb 19 : 10am - 3pm EST
10:00a- 10:40a Facial Showmanship 101
10:45a - 12:00p Technique 101
12:00p - 1:30p Field Show 101
1:30p - 3:00p Audition Prep CORE SKILLS 101
- You can select the danceline style(s) of your choice.
- You can purchase both days or individual days.
- Lodging is not provided or included.
- Water and snacks will be provided.
- Meals are not included.
- HBCU Dance T-shirts and Souvenirs will be available for sale at the event.
- Coaches, Parents and Coaches will be welcomed in the waiting area. Only participants will be allowed in the classes.
What to Bring:
- Water Bottle
- Monies for HBCU Dance Tees and Souvenirs