2017 Grow Green Landscape Professional Training
2017 Grow Green Landscape Professional Training Series
The Grow Green Landscape Professional Training series has been developed with the goal protecting our natural resources by offering Austin residents a list of landscape professionals who can provide sustainable options for landscape design, installation, and care. The training series gives Austin professionals the opportunity to learn about earth-wise landscaping and management practices from experts. The program consists of a multi-disciplinary course, incorporating all facets of sustainable landscaping that protect water quality and encourage water conservation. Some of the talks will qualify for professional continuing education credits.
Attendees are from all aspects of the landscape industry are eligible to attend including: Arborists, Garden Coaches, Landscape Designers, Edible Gardens Specialists, Government and Non-profit staff with land management responsibilities, Installers, Irrigators, Landscape Architects, Pest Control Operators and Property Managers.
Participants who complete the training series will have their name and affiliation posted as a Grow Green Landscape Professional.
- New attendees who want to be listed on the Grow Green website are required to attend all 5 days.
- New attendees may also choose to just attend individual days, but will not qualify to be posted.
- Returning attendees are required to attend at least one day of training each year to stay posted.
Classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates (all Fridays) and locations:
- January 20: Plants & Trees
- February 3: Edibles & Wildlife
- February 17: Rainscapes
- March 3: Maintenance & Treating Pests
- March 17: Firewise Landscaping
Cost: The classes are $20 per day or $75 for the series.
Please note when you register on EventBrite there is a column right before the quantity box that says the class is free. We cannot remove the word FREE from the EventBrite site, so sorry if it is confusing.
Check www.austintexas.gov/department/professional-training for program updates and frequently asked questions.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. The City of Austin ADA Office requires 4 days in advance notice, in order to schedule most services. To request communication assistance contact Denise Delaney at Denise.Delaney@austintexas.gov or (512) 974-2581 at least 4 business days before the class.
Registration fee for the entire series is $75 per person and Landscape Professionals who have completed the series in the past or professionals who have never attended the training and just want to attend an individual day(s) may register for classes individually for $20 per class.
After submitting this registration form choose a payment option:
- Pay over the phone with a debit/credit card by calling Myrtle Bashara at 512-974-3032.
- Mail a check for the appropriate amount to Watershed Protection Dept./ERM, P.O. Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767 Attn: Myrtle Bashara. Make the check payable to the “City of Austin” and in the memo line write GGLPT and the name of the person the payment is for.
- Drop payment off at One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, 11 floor. Ask for Myrtle Bashara
Space is limited.
Registration applications, payments and cancellation deadlines are:
- Individual classes – at 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before the class
- Entire Series – at 5:00 p.m. on January 16, 2017
Payment cannot be accepted at the door. No refunds will be given if cancelled after the deadline.
For payment questions, Myrtle Bashara at 512-974-3032 or Myrtle.Bashara@austintexas.gov
For frequently asked questions: www.austintexas.gov/department/professional-training
For all other questions, contact Denise Delaney at 512-974-2581 or Denise.Delaney@austintexas.gov