2017 Green Industry Training
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Jan. 24-Feb. 16, 9 a.m. – noon
4955 Energy Way, Reno
Green Industry Training is a series of entry-level classes in topics important to the green industry.
Participants can enroll in individual classes at a cost of $15 per class, or they can enroll in the entire course for a discounted cost of $80. Organizations enrolling 2-5 employees for the full course receive $10 off per student. The discount increases to $15 off per student when 6+ employees from the same firm are registered.
Fees include course materials, certificates of attendance, refreshments and International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and Pesticide Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Course fees also support Green Industry Continuing Education Series classes, which are held year-round as needed.
Classes are taught by Cooperative Extension and Nevada Department of Agriculture staff and local industry professionals, and are held at the Cooperative Extension office in Reno, 4955 Energy Way, just off Rock Boulevard.
• 1/24: Plant Disease Basics*^ Shouhua Wang, Nevada Department of Agriculture
• 1/26: Noxious Weeds & Weed Law^ Sean Gephart and Jake Dick, Nevada Department of Agriculture
• 1/31: Soils, Potting Mixes & Fertilizers* Heidi Kratsch, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
• 2/2: Insect Identification*^ Jeff Knight, Nevada Department of Agriculture
• 2/7: Pruning Landscape Plants* Leslie Lyles, Stewardship Horticultural
• 2/9: Sustainable Turfgrass Maintenance*^ Wendy Hanson Mazet, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
• 2/14: IPM & Pesticide Safety*^ Melody Hefner, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
• 2/16: Tree ID Walk* Rod Haulenbeek, Certified Arborist
* ISA CEUs have been requested for this class. ^ Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.