Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Genesee County Health Department Public Health Conference
Tue, May 9, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE. REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MAY 7th.
Welcome to registration for the 2017 Genesee County Health Department Public Health Conference!
"Advancing Policy, Justice, and Community Engagment"
Attendees of the conference, health professionals, and political leaders, will examine health equity in all policies, explore the health impacts of social injustices, and learn how to advance community engagement surrounding these very important local and national movements. Through engagement of community members and the consideration of health and social justice when developing policy, we can all work towards a healthier and more equitable future for our communities.
Opening Speaker - Alan Walts, EPA Region 5 "Partnering with Academia to Advance Community Well-Being"
Keynote Speaker - Peggy Shepard, WE ACT for Environmental Justice "Health Equity in All Policies Implementation"
Closing Speakers - Maya Shankar, Will Tucker, Nathanial Higgins "Addressing Distrust in Your Community"
Plus 8 more presentations from various public health leaders and community members:
- Community Voices: See for Yourself, What's in Your Water?
- The School to Prison Pipeline
- Flint ReCAST (Resiliency in Communities After Stress and Trauma)
- Flint 310 Connect: A Collective Impact Breastfeeding Project
- Food Justice
- Enacting Tobacco 21 in Genesee County: A Case Study in Community Engagement
- Public Health & Mass Incarceration: Health Impact Assessments and Partnerships
- Flint Center for Health Equity Solutions / Healthy Flint Research Coordinating Center
This year's conference registration will include a light breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack. Free parking is also available in the parking structure attached to the Riverfront Banquet Center.
Continuing education credits will not be offered at this year's conference. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For those who need hotel accommadations:
A limited number of rooms have been blocked off for conference attendees at the Wingate By Wyndham Flint/Grand Blanc Hotel. The Wingate provides a free airport shuttle, Wi-Fi, onsite parking, and a free breakfast buffet.
To receive the promotional rate of $94.99 per night use the block code: PUBHLT or mention the GCHD Public Health Conference when making the reservation.
Visit www.wingateflint.com or call 810-694-9900 for reservations. Cut-off date for this promotional rate is April 21, 2017
THANK YOU to our generous sponsors!
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- United Way of Genesee County
- Hurley Medical Center
- Hamilton Community Health Network
- University of Michigan-Flint Public Health and Health Sciences Dept.
- University of Michigan School of Public Health, Public Health Practice / Michigan Public Health Training Center
- Genesee Health Plan
- Michigan State University - College of Human Medicine
- Acension Health
- Michigan State University - College of Human Medicine, Division of Public Health