Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Ford Hoosier Outdoor Experience Volunteer Registration
This registration is only for activity volunteers.
Doors open to the public at 10 a.m. and the event runs until 6 p.m. We will have volunteers and staff on site an hour before opening and an hour after gates close for set-up and tear down.
Contact the Hoosier Outdoor Experience team at email@example.com if you have questions.
For more information about the event, please visit www.hoosieroutdoorexperience.in.gov.
Other important info:
- Shifts vary in length, but generally are 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and 2 - 6:30 p.m. There are two shifts each day.
- Much of your time may be spent on your feet, out in the weather at a “rain or shine” event (sun, rain, wind, heat, cold, etc); dress accordingly, and for comfort first.
- The event is all about being hands-on and active outside: Be prepared to get dirty and sweaty
- DNR will have portable restroom facilities, hand-wash/sanitizer, and water jugs scattered around the Event for visitors and volunteers to use.
- You’re going to be outside in a gorgeous state park; bring your own comfort items and supplies such as: sunscreen, lip balm, aspirin/pain relievers, snacks, water bottles, broad-brimmed hat, comfortable walking shoes/boots, etc.
- One meal provided each day.
- Some activities may ask their volunteers to be ready to get wet, muddy, lift moderately heavy objects, fill in waiver forms by hand, and deal with the public first-hand.
- By attending the event, you grant permission for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources and the Indiana Natural Resources Foundation staff to include your image or voice in any photo or video promotional material that may be recorded during the event. In other words, we'll have photographers and videographers taking pictures and recording video and that may wind up on the DNR website or official DNR-sponsored social media outlets.
Fort Harrison State Park
6000 N. Post Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216