Actions and Detail Panel
2017 EnergyWaterFoodNexus Pre-Summit Networking Reception
Wed, September 20, 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
The Pre-Summit Networking Reception is the kick-off event for the 2017 EnergyWaterFoodNexus International Summit. This reception is a free event open to the public.
The EnergyWaterFoodNexus (EWFN) is a new science enterprise launched at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University through a global public-private partnership that seeks to provide sustainable and innovative solutions for energy, water and food security. The nexus approach is based on the premise that an action in one sector impacts the other. Therefore, the search for solutions must simultaneously investigate all three elements in a new science enterprise.
About the 2017 Summit
The 2017 International Summit will be held on Thursday and Friday, September 21 and 22, at the Hilton Orlando in Orlando, FL. The summit will continue to connect participants, growing the global network of public and private sector industry stakeholders working in the energy, water and food sectors.
The focus of this summit will be Global Access to Safe Water. Access to safe drinking water remains one of the biggest challenges facing the global community. The United Nations’ sustainable development efforts estimate that more than 1.5 billion people lack safe drinking water and over 2.5 billion lack access to adequate sanitation. This problem is not restricted to developing countries of the world; it is also a rural America problem as in Flint, Michigan, and as in many other rural communities in America that still depend on unregulated private wells and contaminated surface water for their water needs.
For complete details on the summit including registrations, student scholarships, abstract submittals, exhibiting at the expo, or becoming a sponsor, please visit: www.famu.edu/nexus.
WEDNESDAY - SEPT. 20th
6:00pm - 8:00pm: PRE-SUMMIT NETWORKING RECEPTION
THURSDAY - SEPT. 21st
11:00am - 1:00pm: Registration opens
1:00pm - 5:00pm: 2017 EWFN SUMMIT, DAY 1
7:00pm - 10:00pm: ALUMNI & INDUSTRY GALA
FRIDAY - SEPT. 22nd
8:00am - 8:30am: Registration opens
8:30am - 12:15pm: 2017 EWFN SUMMIT, DAY 2
2:00PM - 5:00PM: ECO-TOURS
- Learn about emerging innovations in energy, water and food fields and interact with the people leading them on local, regional, state, national and global levels
- Connect with a growing global network of public and private sector industry thought leaders, innovators, policymakers, corporations, next-generation scholars, researchers, and other stakeholders working in the energy, water and food sectors
- Engage in problem-solving sessions to identify solutions for global energy, water and food security
- Influence, mentor and recruit students and scholars studying and researching long-term solutions at the regional and international levels
- Accelerate technology transfer, commercializing and deployment of energy, water, and food innovations
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
I am interested in also attending the Summit on September 21st and 22nd. How can I register, or learn more?
Can my organization/company sponsor this event?
Yes! Please visit www.famuenergywaterfoodnexus.org/sponsors to learn more.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Self parking = $20
- Valet parking = $28
- Electric car charging stations are available
- Hotel is located 13 miles from the Orlando International Airport
- Ground Transportation