2017 Endodontics Symposium: Oral Pain Management: Current and Future Concepts
Friday, June 30, 2017 from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
PURPOSE: Endodontic Diagnosis overlaps with other medical disciplines and can be a very menacing part of clinical practice. The number one aim of this symposium is to address difficult to diagnose dental pain.
OBJECTIVES: After attending practitioners should be able to:
1. Understand basic endodontic diagnosing principles and what makes diagnosis so difficult.
2. Define and differentiate between endodontic pain and other dental sources of pain.
3. Feel confident in discerning dental pain from other sources of pain.
4. Realize the complexity of pain and pain perception from emotional and physiologic standpoints.
5. Understand the neuroscience of central sensitization and its clinical manifestations.
6. Define the role of chronic pain in endodontic presentation and patient management.
7. Better understand the science behind anesthesia success and failure as well as genetic predisposition associated with persistent pain and thus allow attendees to better treat their patients.