2017 Empowering Women in Business Conference
Thursday, March 23, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM (EDT)
The 2017 Empowering Women in Business Conference is proud to welcome Angela Hucles, President of the Women's Sports Foundation and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist for US Soccer, two-time World Cup Bronze Medalist, former professional soccer player of the Boston Breakers and the US Soccer Foundations’s 2009 Humanitarian of the Year.
This event is designed for learning, sharing and fun! Come share your interest in business with accomplished women in the field and with those just starting out. In addition, several concurrent sessions have been designed for personal and professional development. There will be plenty of opportunities to network with other women throughout the event. A light buffet is included. The evening ends with a door prize and several raffle items.
1:00 - 2:00 pm - Check-in
2:00 - 3:00 pm - Welcome and Keynote Address
3:00 - 4:00 pm - Boutique Shopping
4:00 - 5:00 pm - Concurrent Session I
5:00 - 5:45 pm - Break / Food / Boutique Shopping
5:45 - 6:45 pm - Concurrent Session II
6:45 - 7:00 pm - Closing Session / Door Prizes
2017 Empowering Women in Business Conference is open to the public and costs $25. Nichols community and exhibitors may attend at the reduced rate of $10.
The EWIB Conference is a reflection of the mission of the Institute for Women's Leadership (IWL) at Nichols College. The IWL focuses on the issues and challenges impacting women in business, with goals of developing the leadership potential of female students, and serving as a resource and authoritative voice on women’s leadership for the community at large.
Sponsors (check website for updated list)
Empowerment Sponsors: bankHometown, Dexter-Russell, Inc., Webster Five Cents Savings Bank
Inspiration Sponsors: CT Attorney's Title Insurance Co, Reliant Medical Group, Southbridge Savings Bank
Advocate Sponsors: Harrington Healthcare System, Harvard Pilgrim, Northeast Security, Wilson Language Training
Encouragement Sponsor: Vibram USA
- Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions? Yes, you may email email@example.com or call Jean Beaupre 508-213-2443
- What is your refund policy? Registrations are NOT refundable but are transferable. Please edit your registration or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new participant's name, if you do transfer. Changes must be completed by March 17, 2017 so that your nametag reflects the correct name.
- Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in? Bringing your registration ticket is recommended as it will expedite the check-in process. However, should you forget your ticket, your name will be listed at the registration table.
- Will you be selling tickets at the door? Unfortunately, due to limited seating, we cannot sell tickets at the door. Pre-registration is required.
- Where can attendees park? Parking is free for all attendees. We encourage carpooling and early arrival.
- Who are your exhibitors and sponsors? For a list of our sponsors and exhibitors, please visit our web site www.empowering-women.biz
- Is the venue handicap accessible? Yes, please email email@example.com for handicap accessibility requests.
- Are group tickets for sale? Each individual in the group must register separately.
- Where on the Nichols campus is the conference held? The conference begins at Daniels Auditorium, which is #4 on the Campus Map. There will be balloons and banners displayed in front of the building. It will then move to Davis Hall, which is #13 on the map.
- What additional items should I bring to the event? We will be accepting donations for Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides interview suits and career development to low-income women in more than 75 cities worldwide.
- Is my registration/ticket transferable? Yes, please edit your registration or email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your registration ticket. Please make changes by March 17, 2017 so your nametag reflects the correct name.
- Can I update my registration information? Yes, please go back into this registration page and edit your information.
- The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay? No. Please go back into the registration page and edit the information. Or send an email to email@example.com with the correct information.
Save This Event
When & Where
Institute for Women's Leadership at Nichols College
For more information:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Beaupre, chair 508-213-2443