2017 Employment Law Update Redwood City at the Pullman San Francisco Bay (fka Sofitel)
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2017 Employment Law Update at the Pullman San Francisco Bay in Redwood City
Hopkins & Carley is once again pleased to present its clients and friends with a summary of the new laws and legal developments from the past year that we believe will have the greatest impact on employers in 2017. This year, for the first time, we are expanding our Employment Law update to include a seminar in Redwood City for those of you based in the Peninsula.
Please join us for our seminar on recent developments in employment law, which will include discussions of new laws and judicial decisions relating to:
- Wage and hour developments – new federal overtime rules; the regular rate of pay; rounding practices and the Corbin decision; expense reimbursements; tip pooling; suitable seating and the Kirby decision; and local ordinances complicating wage payment obligations
- Discrimination and harassment – heightened sensitivity and standards of care in the wake of new FFEHA regulations and recent headlines; EEOC Guidance on reasonable accommodation, the interactive process and retaliation; judicial decision on associational disability; transgender issues; and spike in age discrimination claims
- Leaves of absence – expansion of local sick leave ordinances; unlimited vacation policies; and San Francisco’s Paid Parental Leave law
- NLRB developments – the latest guidance and decisions from the NLRB on Employee Handbook policies, joint employer status, successorship, and concerted action
- New Administration – potential changes with the incoming administration
This program is approved for 2.75 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at http://www.hrci.org/.
This program is approved for 3 hours of "General" California MCLE credit.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Presentation: 8:30 - 11:30AM
No cost to attend
Pullman San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City, CA 94065
Map of event location
For questions, contact Chanel Moore-Khorsand via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (408) 299-1418.
Please note that validation will not be hosted.