April 1, 2017
This demolition derby on skis is a non-pyrotechnic fireworks meets a 50-car pileup, and it’s just plain fun. It’s highly spectator friendly and no living beings are at risk! Plus the winner takes home a cash purse of $400. Before the antics, stop by the Winter Brewfest and sample craft beers from around the region. Proceeds fund the free S.N.O.W. Bus.
It is free to register, but this reserves your spot, signs your waiver and saves you some time
(Online Registration will close at 12PM on the day of the event)
REGISTRATION – DAY OF THE EVENT
11:00am -12:00pm - Registration and Dummy drop off
You can also drop off dummies before the day of the event please call 862.2910 to arrange drop off.
- 11:00am -12:00pm - Registration and Dummy drop off
- 1:00pm – All Dummies Must be at Registration
- 2:30pm - Dummy Judging
- 3:30pm - All participants at start
- 4:00pm - Start
- 4:45pm – Awards at the event venue (after dummies are removed from the crash pit)
- Build a homemade Dummy / mannequin / humanoid / sculpture on skis or snowboards.
- Each Dummy should be able to slide unassisted down a ‘fall line’ course.
- Each entry must weigh under 350lbs including skis and all.
- Build your entry from safe materials. - no glass, nails, oil, toxic materials...
- The Dummy cannot have animals or people – live or dead.
- The Dummy must be securely mounted on skis or snowboard(s).
- If you are not certain if your dummy idea meets these guidelines - call to make sure (862.2910).
It is no fun if your dummy can’t make it over the jump. Here are some suggestions from the experts:
- - Heavy - the weight limit is 300lbs (including water or other weight for fun).
- - Low - the weight needs to be low so it doesn't tip over as it nears the jump
- - Base - have a sturdy and stable base. It should be at least 4’ square (but not more than 8’ wide). The base should provide about 6”-1’ clearance so it can go over choppy snow. Screw into base of skis/snowboards up into the frame of the dummy base. Do not use ski boots and binding, please attached skis to the base of your dummy.
- - Forward - just like ski instructors say pressure forward. For your dummy make sure the weight is towards the front so he does not spin down the ‘in run’ and crash before hitting the jump.
- - Aerodynamic - to keep some speed into the jump.
For more tips and ideas – “hey man watch this!”
- $400 CASH PRIZE to the overall winner! 1st Place Dummy Champion: ranked on ½ originality / creativity for your dummy ½ jump distance
- Wacky Trophies to the following category winners
- Dummy Democracy: Crowd Favorite Dummy often goes to the best crash
- Dummy Date: Sexiest Dummy (subject to harsh censorship)
- Dummy Dump: Biggest splash (from inside your dummy)
- Dummy Drunk: Best Beer-themed Dummy. It is Brewfest today you know.
- Dummy Ace: Best idea for a Dummy
DUMMY DROP OFF
- Dummies must be brought to Gelande road (follow the signs) by 1pm the day of the event (You must park elsewhere after dropping off your dummy creation).
- The event is limited to 50 participants.
- Participants under 18 yrs of age must have a parent or guardian sign a liability waiver. No exceptions. Please print the Registration and Liability Waiver posted here and bring it with you.
- Free to Enter!!!
- $50 Refundable Deposit for Dummy Clean up. (Bring a check it's easiest) Clean it up and get your deposit back!
Event Phone Number: 406.862.2910
For more Whitefish Mountain Resort events, visit: http://skiwhitefish.com/events/