Downtown Council Annual Luncheon
Friday, January 27, 2017
Grand Ballroom, Kansas City Convention Center
11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Our keynote speaker, Christopher Leinberger, land use strategist, professor, developer, researcher and author, will inspire us to continue creating a vital Downtown by improving relationships with adjacent communities, discussing the impact of regional issues on Downtown and improving pedestrian mobility.
- Presentation of the Downtown Council’s highest honor, the J. Philip Kirk, Jr. Award in Recognition of Community Vision and Downtown Stewardship to Albert P. Mauro, St.
- Announcement of the 2016 Urban Hero Award recipients, honoring small businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals who are improving the quality and diversity of life Downtown.
- Introduction of the 2016 LaunchKC innovative technology-based start-up business grant recipients
- Prior to the luncheon, guests will participate in the Spirit of Downtown KC Exhibit. More than 50 booth spaces will highlight new developments, creative businesses and the arts of Downtown.
For more information about the luncheon, please contact Shannen Merrick, email@example.com, (816) 213-6910, or Ann Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org, (816) 421-1539. Please note tickets are non-refundable.