Actions and Detail Panel
2017 DLNR Dam Safety 1-Day Workshops
Thu, Mar 30, 2017, 7:30 AM – Mon, Apr 3, 2017, 5:00 PM HST
The Department of Land and Natural Resources is please to offer: DAM EVALUATION & REHABILITAION: Overview Workshop(s)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Dam Owners, Operators, Engineers and anyone involved in a dam evaluation and rehabilitation project.
MAUI (March 30, 2017) Maui Arts & Cultral Center
KAUAI (March 31, 2017) Kauai Beach Resort
OAHU (April 3, 2017) Manoa Grand Ballroom ($6 parking w/ validation)
- How and why embankment dams typically fail
- Risks facing aging dams
- How to study, investigate and analyze Hydrologic & Hydraulic, Geotechnical, and Stability concerns
- Do's and Don'ts of field work/investigation
- Scoping out a Drilling Plan and Study
- Outlet works evaluation
- Design considerations for dam rehabilitation designs
Due to the full workshop schedule, a light lunch will be provided to all the attendees.
Registration will begin at 7:30am. Workshop will start promptly at 8am and end at 5pm.
If you have further questions, please contact Denise Manuel at 808-587-0246 or email@example.com or Kristen Akamine at 808-587-0281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.