San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You’ll fly around the official Detroit Grand Prix track at this one-of-a-kind 5K!
Come join us for the once-a-year opportunity to experience the Detroit Grand Prix course just like the race car drivers do. Runners & walkers will start from the Official Detroit Grand Prix starting line and experience all 13 turns and a run down Pit Lane before crossing under the checkered flag in the shadow of the grand stand.
The Grand Prix 5000 is the only event that allows you to experience the Detroit Grand Prix course just like the drivers do. The course is flat, fast, wide and flawlessly smooth, perfect for a new Personal Best. Each of the 13 Grand Prix turns are engineered for high powered racing machines so you won’t need to worry about these turns slowing you down!
Participants will start at the Official Detroit Grand Prix starting line in view of the downtown Detroit skyline. You’ll make your first pass through Pit Row before carving your way through turns 2-13. You’ll make one more pass through Pit Row before you hit turn 1 and the straight-away to the finish.
Schedule of Events
Sunday May 28th, 2017 on Belle Isle in Detroit
2 Inselruhe Ave
Detroit, MI 48207
- 7:40 am Packet Pick Up closes
- 8:00 am Race Start
- 9:00 Awards
- 9:15 Course Closes *average 23 minutes per mile
Participants will enter the course at Turn 6 on the south side of the island, overlooking Windsor.
Parking will be along The Strand adjacent to Turn 6.
Carpooling makes you awesome; you want to be awesome don’t you?
In 2014 Belle Isle became a State Park and a Recreation Passport is required for entry onto the island. The Michigan DNR website has information on obtaining a Recreation Passport.
Packet Pick Up
Early Packet Pick up – Save time and stress on race day by picking up early!
- 441 W. Canfield
- Detroit, MI 48201
- (Link to map/ parking)
- Friday May 26th 11am-7pm
- Saturday May 27th 11am-6pm
Day-Of Packet Pick Up
- Turn 6 of Grand Prix track entrance. 2 Inselruhe Ave, Belle Isle, Detroit
- Sunday May 28th 6:30am-7:40am.
- **Packet Pick Up closes at 7:40, no exceptions. We need to ensure participants have enough time to make their way to the starting line and clear the course before the start**
First 50 participants $35
Through May 1st $40
Through Race Day $45
Already own some sweet Tifosi sunglasses? You can save $7 off your registration.
- Custom Finishers Medal. This medal will leave all other medals in its dust!
- Tifosi’s JET sunglasses in a custom case. Forget the scratchy tech tees, we’re going big with high quality Tifosi sunglasses. Choose from 3 colors and enjoy your run in style!
- Kids Race participants will receive a Checkered Flag Cape and kids shades
- Post race food & drink
- Chronotrack Chip Timing
- Staffed Gear Check
- Discount code for Detroit Grand Prix Tickets
Top the three men & women will receive unique Grand Prix themed awards
The top three men & women is each age group will receive a Grand Prix themed award
Age Groups: Under12, 12-15, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Save This Event
When & Where
Associated Race Management
Associated Race Management is an event production company based in Detroit, MI. The Grand Prix 5000 is brought to you in partnership with RUNdetroit.