In recognition of Data Privacy & Protection Day the Online Trust Alliance (501c3 charitable non-profit) is hosting this briefing with honorary co-hosts the Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus. This lunch briefing will share data on recent cyber incidents and best practices to help prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to the incident. Speakers will review data and lessons learned from the 2017 Cyber Incident & Breach Response Guide.
Discussion will include a review of the evolving definition of cyber incidents including unauthorized
- access to a system or device and its data,
- extraction, deletion or damage to any form of data,
- disruption of availability and/or integrity of any business operation,
- activities causing financial or reputational harm.
Panel will discuss trends, security best practices and how to best respond including a review of cyber insurance and remediation practices. Speakers:
- Representative Jim Langevin, (D-RI), Co-Founder & Co-Chair Congressional Cyber Caucus (invited)
- Neil Daswani, Chief Information Security Officer, LifeLock Inc.
- Dena Graziano, Senior Director Federal Government Affairs, Symantec Corporation
- Ashit Kumar, Sr. Director, Information Security, IdentityGuard
- Frank Scalzo, Director Security Strategy, Verisign, Inc.
- Craig Spiezle, Executive Director & President Online Trust Alliance
For more information visit https://otalliance.org/Incident or email Lizs@otalliance.org.