Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Combined University of Missouri Ophthalmology Symposium: 50 years of E...
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 2:00 PM – Sat, Apr 22, 2017, 5:30 PM CDT
PLEASE NOTE: Your credit card statement will show payment for this event as paid to PayPal INMED CE. INMED is the CME joint-provider managing this conference.
April 21st, 2017 at The University Health Auditorium
2101 Charlotte Street – Kansas City, MO – 64108
2 pm – 5:30pm
April 22nd, 2017 at The UMKC School of Medicine
2411 Holmes St – Kansas City, MO – 64108
7 am – 5pm
The 2017 UMKC Ophthalmology Symposium will include residents from both the University of Missouri-Columbia and the University of Missouri-Kansas City, this meeting will feature invited speakers from all subspecialties of Ophthalmology and provide an update on cutting edge Ophthalmic care.
Ophthalmologist, optometrists, fellows, residents, primary care physicians and other healthcare providers.
At the completion of this activity, learners will be able to:
1. Recognize the advances made to care for the trauma)zed eye and periocular fractures
2. Describe novel approaches for severe ocular surface disease
3. Discuss the newest approaches to diagnosis and management for the glaucomatous optic nerve
4. Analyze the role ergonomics, finances and ethics plays in the practice of Ophthalmology
5. Apply advances in the surgical care of glaucoma
6. Illustrate ways to screen and treat patient with diabetic retinopathy and ARMD
7. Interpret ocular imaging for surface eye lesions
8. Discuss advances in Ophthalmic Care
9. Review current research and how it will improve future patient care
10. Recognize underlying pathophysiology of disease to improve patient care
Full conference details (including agenda, speaker bios, global objectives, exhibitor information, and more) can be found on the conference webpage. Click here for more details.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Missouri State Medical Association through the joint providership of Institute for International Medicine (INMED) and Truman Medical Center. The Institute for International Medicine is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Institute for International Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of the participation in the activity.