On January 13, 2017 the Indiana Minority Business Magazine (IMBM) will recognize 13 honorees as Champions of Diversity. This distinguished group includes businesses, organizations and individuals that have shown incredible efforts in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
This year’s recipients will be honored during the 12th Annual Champions of Diversity Awards Dinner on January 13, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, downtown Indianapolis. A networking reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. with the awards program to begin immediately after.
Due to its vibrant nature, the Champions of Diversity Awards Dinner has been consistently sold out, or nearly sold out, each year. In addition to honoring many noble professionals and entities the event attracts business leaders, dignitaries and innovators from across the state. The dinner is also followed by a Hollywood red carpet style after party.
“When paired together, the words ‘diversity and inclusion’ reflect equality,” said IMBM President Shannon Williams. “Our honorees have made it their practice to exhibit these ideals by looking at existing systems, noticing a lack of equity and then finding ways to serve the underrepresented. These actions cannot go unrecognized. It is a privilege to honor them in this way.”
Each honoree will be acknowledged as a Champion of Diversity with three recipients being recognized with a more distinguished award to honor their superior accomplishments. These awards are the Rosa Parks Trailblazer Award, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Freedom Award and the William G. Mays Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award.
2017 Champions of Diversity Award recipients
- Courtney Cole and Monica Peck (Hare Chevrolet) (William G. Mays Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award)
- Marco Dominguez (Financial Center First Credit Union)
- Dress for Success Indianapolis
- Gregory Fehribach (The Fehribach Group) (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Freedom Award)
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana
- Purdue University
- Dr. George Rawls (Aesculapian Medical Society) (Rosa Parks Trailblazer Award)
- Terri Roberts-Leonard (Franklin College)
- Max Siegel (USA Track and Field)
- Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council
- Spencer Pride Inc.
- The PourHouse
- Ellen Wu (Indiana University – Bloomington)
To purchase individual tickets visit cod2017.eventbrite.com
Contact Amber Sapenter for more information concerning sponsorship and table reservations at (317) 762-7854 or via email at email@example.com.