Train for Nonprofit Board Service & Meet Nonprofits with Board and Committee Openings
United Way Board Leadership Training is designed for those looking to grow their skills to the next leadership level – becoming effective board members and helping nonprofits meet an amazingly diverse range of community needs.
It’s good for the community to
- Be an active part of the work nonprofit organizations are doing to strengthen our community.
- Learn the best practices of board membership from experts in our community including local board chairs.
It’s good for you to
- Gain direct exposure to nonprofit boards at the final session and placement assistance through charitySTRONG.
- Leverage your skills and passions to positively improve the lives of people across our region.
- Board Responsibilities & Procedures
- Legal and Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Fundraising Responsibilities
- Program & Program Outcomes
- Nonprofit Mergers
Schedule & Registration Information:
4:00 – 6:45 p.m. Thursday, April 20
4:00 - 6:45 p.m. Thursday, April 27
4:00 – 6:45 p.m. Thursday, May 4
4:00 – 6:45 p.m. Thursday, May 11
All sessions will be held at Classics’ V Banquet & Conference Center, 2425 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Amherst, NY 14228. Attendance for all sessions is encouraged.
Registration Fees & Deadlines
SPACE IS LIMITED!!
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Registration is open from Wednesday, January 4 to Wednesday, March 22, 2017. For questions, contact Bernie Miltenberger at 887-2746 or at Bernie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Price is $125 for the entire series, which includes a buffet dinner every evening and materials. United Way Leadership Society donors (gift of $500 or more) will receive a $20 discount.