Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Babar & Haris Suleman Memorial Soccer Festival!
Sat, July 22, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
On July 22, 2017, Seeds of Learning will be hosting the third annual Babar & Haris Suleman Memorial Soccer Festival!
Select Participate as an Individual for Fan Passes and purchase 4-Packs for your family and friends!
Select Create a Team to start a new team and then add your teammates!
Already have a code and team to join? Select Join a Team!
On June 19, 2014, the father-and-son team took off from Greenwood, Indiana to begin their flight around the world to raise awareness and funds for education. On July 23, 2014, just two days short of returning home, their journey came to a tragic end.
The Babar & Haris Suleman Memorial Soccer Festival celebrates their legacies, love of soccer, and desire to give back to education and the community. The anniversary of the tragic accident has been turned into a successful, positive community event that has hosted 90 players and over 300 spectators in its first year. The proceeds from the event (over $3,000 last year) go to the Haris Suleman Memorial Scholarship at Plainfield High School where Haris attended.
Click here to view photos and more from the 2016 tournament!
The Babar & Haris Suleman Soccer Festival is more than just a fun 5v5 soccer tournament, it is becoming a community event for all ages. Money raised from the festival goes to the Haris Suleman Memorial Scholarship Fund at Plainfield High School where Haris attended school.
Festival Events and Activities
- Art Activities
- Local Vendors and Food Trucks
- Carnival Games
- Soccer Tournament
- And More!
Your Fan Pass allows you to participate in all of the games, activities, and watch the tournament! (Under 6 is FREE). Food Trucks and Vendors will be on site to sell food and beverages. You can purchase raffle tickets and more Festival Shirts at the event.
A list of vendors, food trucks, and raffle items will be announced before the festival. If you are interested in being a sponsor, vendor, or volunteer, please contact Hiba Suleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rain-out-date is Saturday, August 5th.
The Soccer Tournament!
Roster and Players
- Teams may have a maximum of 7 players, minimum of 5 players.
- Teams may be mixed ages and genders.
- All players will receive a Team Tourney Shirt and Admission to all of the Festival activites and events!
- All players must be an incoming Freshman in high school, or at least 14 years of age as of July 24th, 2016.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS: According to IHSAA, teams can only have 6 players from the same high school. Yourth seventh player needs to be from a different high chool or graduated from high school.
- All players must sign release waiver and be on roster. Players under 18 will be required to submit a copy signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Rosters CANNOT be changed after July 17th. Any emergency changes must be approved by the Tourney Staff.
- All teams are guaranteed three games and have a chance to earn a position in the Playoff Round.
- Two 10 minute halves with a 3 minute halftime.
- 5v5 (4 field players + goalkeeper)
- Size 5 ball
- Fields are standard U10 size fields and goals
- Teams will be placed, to the best of our ability, into a bracket of similar level teams.
- A full list of rules can be found at our website.
Register your team by May 26th for the early bird discount! Deadline to register a team is July 7th.
1. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
FREE Parking. There will be signs and parking attendants to assist with parking.
2. What can/can't I bring to the event?
We encourage you to bring lawn chairs, sunscreen, water bottles and cash for food, beverages, and raffle purchases. Some food trucks may take credit cards.
General Admission Tickets at the event can be paid with credit/debit or cash.
Pets are welcomed as long as they are leashed.
3. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact email@example.com for any questions about this event.
4. When is the Rain-Out-Date?
Games will still be played in the rain (and will be delayed 30 minutes for lightning). In the unlikely situation that we need to postpone the Festival, it will occur Saturday, August 5th. In case of rain or incelement weather please check the LiveLikeHaris.weebly.com or facebook page or annoucements.