Actions and Detail Panel
2017 ARCI Conference on Racing Integrity and Welfare.
Tue, Apr 18, 2017, 9:30 AM – Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 6:00 PM EDT
The ARCI Annual Conference on Racing Integrity and Welfare brings the officially sanctioned government regulators of professional horse and greyhound racing together with racing industry leaders to address common issues and challenges pertaining to efforts to combat doping, safeguard the safety of animals, and develop new and better ways to address the integrity and welfare challenges faced by this industry. Attendees should arrive Monday, April 17, 2017. Those not participating in the National Racing Compact, Regulator Training, or Quarter Horse or Standardbred racing committees should arrive no later than Noon on Tuesday, April 18. The meeting will offically end Thursday, April 20 at 5:00pm.
For a complete agenda (subject to change), please click this LINK.
ARCI Members are the ONLY entities empowered by state, federal, or privincial statute to make and enforce rules, adjudicate infractions, mediate disputes, and license participants in the sport. They are independent by definition and publicly accountable and transparent consistent with government statutes.
The following meetings will occur during the conference:
- The National Racing Compact
- The ARCI Drug Testing Standards and Practiices Committee
- The International Association of Official Racing Chemists (US Section)
- The ARCI Model Rules Committee.
- Greyhound Racing Forum.
- Discussion: "Drug Testing. Are we doing it right? Are we catching the cheaters?"
- Discussion: "Appropriate use of the Riding Crop and Impact on Horses and Public Image."
- Discussion: "Making Sure the Officials Know What They Are Doing."
- Discussion: "Can Arbitration Streamline the Adjudication Process?"
- Annual Meeting of Members, Association of Racing Commissioners Interternational.